Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Redundant javascript files

edited May 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
As more and more add-ons are made, each one can use it's own version of the various popular js files (like protoype or effects). Does anyone have a way of checking to see if the js file is already loaded so that the add-on doesn't load another version of the js and possibly cause a conflict?

Comments

• next version of vanilla will do that. If the head already has a js file, it won't be included
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    Out of curiosity, have we already settled on either jQuery or Prototype libraries? or are these still optional? Personally I'd love to see one or the other rolled out with the core and have everyone build necessary JS functions from that. This way we don't litter the header with dozens of requests for random script bits and functions that collide with or work against one another.

Obviously I've missed most of the discussion in this area but I've noticed that since more and more add-ons have been created many come with their own little subsets of css or js code. Maybe we can work together on scraping together an effective and universal effects + ajax functions library specifically for Vanilla so we don't wind up with 300 random JS files. Any takers?

Just a thought.
This discussion has been closed.