Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Login loop? / There was a problem authenticating your post information.

edited June 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Running Vanilla 1.1.2

Users started to email me tonight complaining that when they tried to post they got a " There was a problem authenticating your post information.", others start to mentioned that they were unable to log in.

They would enter user name/password and then be taken to the successful login page, where they had an option of either going to discussions / catergories. When they click either, it takes them back to the guest page with status 'not logged in'.

Before I changed the cookie setitng as outlined here: here

I too was getting the "problem authenticating your post information" (which started for me after I attempted to add the nugget extension). I also noticed that my visit counts were rising every time I visited a page:
(from same discussion) Go on the account page, check the visit count. Click again on the account link. If the visit count has changed, you have a problem with the your php session.

So it appears its a php session issue. I flushed my caches and cookies, and now, I too am having the same problem where I can't log in.

Error log is capturing the following:
[Mon Jun 4 20:31:41 2007] [error] [client *.*.208.254] File does not exist: /home/(username)/public_html/404.shtml
[Mon Jun 4 20:31:41 2007] [error] [client *.*.208.254] script not found or unable to stat: /home/(username)/public_html/forums/viewtopic.php

Any insight on how to correct this will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Okay I think I solved the problem-- but it wasn't by blanking the cookies. That was the first thing I tried. I recreated my cookie values and it worked after that.
This discussion has been closed.