Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Bookmark updates fail when whispers are present.

lechlech Chicagoland
edited October 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Found this little nugget on another forum and wondering if anyone else can reproduce it in 1.1.3. As far as I know, all addons and software are up-to-date there and I'm going to try reproducing it locally but wondering if anyone else has seen this:

Steps to reproduce:
1. Find a clean thread without your own whispers in it.
2. Bookmark that thread.
3. Wait for or have someone comment normally to make sure bookmarks in the sidebar are updating with "x new" and everything works fine.
4. Whisper to someone in the thread.
5. Have someone comment normally
6. Watch sidebar not update.

Normally, bookmarked discussions in the sidebar will update with "x new" in every other circumstance until your own whispers are introduced into a bookmarked thread. While threads display comment updates in normal discussion listing view, in the sidebar bookmarks list they do not.

As a side note, it appears to function randomly working in half the threads and not working on the other half. This is probably the closest I've come to reproduce the problem.
This discussion has been closed.