Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Looking for a tool to create a web directory

edited October 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Has anyone built a web site that was a review site for art or books or restaurants? I need something that would allow me to build a directory structure of state-county-city-zip-restaurant. Then I need something to be able to manage the creation of advertisments that would appear at each level as one drilled down to find a restaurant (in order to get revenue). And then I need the capability to allow people to add reviews of the restaurant.

Someone directed me the the Web Directory Script made by TOLRA. Unfortunately I am having a hard time figuring out how to use it. And I was looking for alternatives. So, if anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it.

Comments

• If you are up to tackling the Joomla CMS, there is a directory component from mosets.com that looks good, and another from phil-taylor.com
This discussion has been closed.