Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Awesome Quotes

dan39dan39 New
edited November 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
This is pretty awesome. Click on one of the [" "] icons in the comments of this blog page. Check out the effect. http://www.brandspankingnew.net/archive/2006/12/hohoho.html It would be pretty cool to do this in Vanilla. Anyone think they have the skillz?

Comments

• Options
    Now that's really cool, now watch some "mental" wanker criticise it to kingdom come!
  • Options
    While working on an add-on for formating different event types in a Comment, I did see how to do that. Basically you want to tap into a database of quotes, pick one, and stick it at the top of your comment. Vanillacons is where I found out how to do this.
  • Options
    Are we talking about the same thing Jim?

I thought dan39 was referring to the quick auto-scroll down effect?

Posted: Saturday, 3 November 2007 at 8:21AM

• Options
    I thought he was talking about the little quotes icon in each comment which would automatically quote that comment in your new comment you were about to make. I misunderstood where it was getting the quote from. Now I see. Sorry.
  • Options
    In theory, it should be pretty easy (for someone who knows about JS ;)) to retrofit any of the quote extensions with this capability. Although I can't do it myself, I'm sure that this would be almost trivial with JQuery's chaining abilities...
This discussion has been closed.