Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

bankai

edited September 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
bankai

Comments

• Why not just use the whisper function?
  • poking is more for instant messaging.
  • edited September 2009
    bankai
  • Maybe I'm too old, but it would just seem easier just to send a whisper .. if you want someone's attention, clearly it must be because you want to tell them something :)
  • edited September 2009
    bankai
  • "Poking" is stupid and infantile, go back to MSN if that's what you want.
  • edited September 2009
    bankai
  • why not use facebook then?
  • Not nice? And you think poking is nice?

**sigh** duh
  • edited September 2009
    bankai
  • we all use vanilla for its lack of random crap on "profiles". It's supposed to be focused on simply the discussions. period.
  • @Hamed - The short time I have been here, I have realized that you come up with quite a lot of ideas. Personally I believe that if you put your mind to it, you will be able to develop extensions quite readily to make those ideas come to life. People here are spending their spare time on these extensions, for no pay what-so-ever, so you will have to accept that many of your ideas may never come to life. You yourself could contribute to the growing list of extensions by becoming a coder yourself. PHP and JS is easy to pick up and learn. By learning how to make them yourself, you have the opportunity to put your ideas to the test, and maybe prove others wrong.
  • lack of random crap? I thought we all use Vanilla for it's ease to put what crap we want where we want it. I agree with slartie; find something that works similar to how you want something and hack it. If you hit a speed bump, post your code and ask for tips. We've all been beginners at one point.
  • **random crap on the profiles.

Vanilla is much more oriented towards the discussions, rather than the profiles. That's the point I was trying to make
  • edited September 2009
    bankai
  • I'm not offended, you just annoy me at times.

no hard feelings.
  • edited September 2009
    bankai
This discussion has been closed.