Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Nice avatars?

edited June 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Default Icon is a great add-on but I'm not too keen on the selection of user icons provided with it.

Are there any nice collections out there that are not known to be associated with an application?

I've seen an odd icon here and there but it would be nice to have a set to download and install.

Comments

• there are some nice icons scattered throughout the example FileBrowser directory. files.lussumo.com
  • Sorry, not a South Park fan!

Thanks anyway.
  • No, there are others, such as these:

imageimage

And there used to be a whole bunch like this: image, but I guess they aren't on there any more :-(
  • there are a few here... http://www.iconarchive.com/category/vintage/retroish-icons-by-etherbrian.html
  • Thanks mate but they are butt-ugly, something Microsoft would use!
    (The subject is Nice avatars).

Posted: Tuesday, 3 June 2008 at 7:44PM

• If you sign up for IconBuffet with this URL and whisper me your username, I'll be able to send you one of several sets of avatar icons... and more later. (its kind of a limited trading game)

Ironically, some of them are also designed by etherbrian.
  • another good site for icons and wallpapers is: http://interfacelift.com/icons-win/index.php?sort=date those icons on iconbuffet are really hot but its a pain to collect, takes months. i wish someone could zip it all up and post it somewhere *looks at wallphone...
  • @WallPhone: I signed up for iconbuffet a while back; send me the icon's you've got. (username: fysicsluvr)
  • edited June 2008
    Thanks starscream I'll check them out.
    Later...
    Thanks mate, that's exactly what I was looking for, variety, colour, style and polish.
    Now they are what I call nice avatars!

WallPhone, I signed up for IconBuffet a long time ago, not really impressed by them either. Why would you use a dinky picture of an ink jar as an avatar?

Posted: Thursday, 5 June 2008 at 6:25AM

This discussion has been closed.