Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Showing less of the Vanilla page

edited July 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Is there anyway I can reduce the amount showing for a discussion - for example I would like to remover the header and the left sidebar...

Comments

• yes you could edit the descussion.php but you would remove all the header infomation
  • I think you should create a theme for this.
  • I did consider this but then I still want everyone to view the complete forums in one place but the reason I want the cut down version was for embedding in a web page where the forum was relevent. Perhaps I would be better off with a modified discussion.php that I could call via URL to only display a certain category?
  • maybe you could just embed the discussions rss feed in the external page instead?
  • edited July 2008
    Interesting thought - I gave it a try but it just looks scrappy and only shows the rss feed not it contents which is what I want! Which of the files actually displays the contents of a category?
  • After mucking around for a few hours and utilising my limited knowledge of php - I have decided that its beyond my capabilities. So I'm after someone who can generate a php file for me that will only show the contents of a category ie the listing of messages and the add your comments box. NO header, tabs or sidebar please. Paying job of course... subject to negotiation!
  • you could copy the discussions.php file, call it something else and rip out everything you don't want from it.
This discussion has been closed.