Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Longer Usernames

I hacked the last version of Vanilla to allow for longer usernames (my usual username, which I had to truncate here, is 23 characters, and I have other users who wanted longer as well), but, like an idiot, I forgot which files I edited and where. I'd like to upgrade to the latest release, but I'm kinda hesitant to go trolling through the code trying to figure out which bits to change all over again, especially if there are problems with the upgrade.

Can anyone familiar with the code help me out in terms of where I'd need to go back and edit code again to allow, say, 30 character username lengths, before I upload the new version? I'd much appreciate it.

Comments

• fmimosofmimoso
    edited January 2009
    forget it...
  • Only changes you'll probably have to make would be at the database level (changing the column size), and in the UserManager class (library/People/People.Class.UserManager.php).

I very rarely make changes to core files of software, but when I do, it's done under a version control system so when I have to update the software, it's a (somewhat) simple matter of merging ($ svn merge) my their changes with mine.