Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to edit menu's and overall frontpage

edited May 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm completely new to vanilla and know very little php and css. I would like to change the menu items, like for example. It says "Start new discussion", "Categories", etc. I want to change those to say something different. I'm kind of creating a blog type site out of this and need to be able to change certain stuff. What are the main php files to change this?

Comments

• Options
    You need to modify "definitions.php" in this path: root\languages\English and search for $Context->Dictionary['StartANewDiscussion'] = 'Start a new discussion'; (your example). The part of the code to change is the second one (not the one between the square brackets). It becomes $Context->Dictionary['StartANewDiscussion'] = 'say yours!!!';
  • Options
    Making changes to the wording is fairly simple. Documentation on the way @Phebo describes can be found here: vanilla:administrators:languages.

Other changes require a little more than basic knowledge of PHP.
  • Options
    In Vanilla 2, it didn't work for me until I enabled the Locales Addon.
  • Options
    @xj26 - What file did you change?