Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

My Opinions on Vanilla2 and Graden

edited August 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I never used Vanilla1, mostly because the layout never really appealed to me. So I am really new to Vanilla.

Pros:
+ Easy installation(super easy :D)
+ Garden is a new concept to me, but I love how it works.
+ Super simple design, that has only what is needed and not everything else. Unlike phpBB, which likes to display everything is possibly can on the homepage.
+ Simple to learn (as I pretty much installed it, and learned within 5 mins)
+ I like being able to add comments right on the spot and not having to let the page reload several times before a comment is posted.

Cons:
+ When I get an error(of any sort), it's rather complicated. The page with the error takes up massive space, and upon install I had some sort of error(I fixed), but it completely broke the dashboard.
+ I also had a few problems with installing things, and uninstalling things. One, the CssThemes plugin doesn't work, and I can't find a proper reason. Two, I tried to disable the Vanilla application(I assume this is just supposed to stay on), and it now gives me a Fatal Error on the index page. So maybe, not allow this to be turned off, or at least if it is make sure the user doesn't get a Fatal Error.

Suggestions:
+ Facebook Connect - People like convince, and FB Connect gives it to them. Allowing them to sign up via Facebook, and login using Facebook.

That's all that I really have, as I really like the software, and will contiune to watch it develop and use it needed.

Comments

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Thanks for the feedback. We are working through the bugs you mention and hope to get them fixed asap. You're Facebook suggestion is a great one and one of our top priorities. I hope you stay tuned to see our progress.