Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

With the Free Hosting, Vanillaforums, is there going to be updates?

edited January 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
If so; What updates?
Tagged:

Comments

• Can you:
    Edit where everything goes?
    Sticky threads?
    Make the Category Module in the middle, big and bold?
  • edited January 2010
    From what it looks like to me you'll be able to do most things you can with a regular install of your own, although some things will come with a price tag. If you check out the vanillaforums.com website it details some of the things you will be able to do with your forums there.

I guess sticky threads could be considered thread "Announcements" as they are called here. So yes you can do that there.

Create an account and take it for a test drive.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Have you check out the Road Map in the documentation? It lists a lot of upcoming changes.
  • Ok, thanks you guys.

An idea is maybe a Like/DisLike button, on VanillaForums.con and maybe an add-on?

Can you now put add-ons on it?
  • add ons need to be developed, i haven't found any addons that does what your looking for so you can either dive into the programming world and develop your own app, request someone else make it and wait, or pay someone to make it.

i havent used the vf.com side of the site, but i would assume addons are added like everyone else add's them, from the acp/dashboard.

• There will be definatly im guessing when vanilla2 actually is released.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    We are working on a ton of updates for the hosting service. The "like" button is coming, yes.
  • I like the idea for the "like" button. Will this be release as a normal addon too?
  • @MatthewAlan
    all features on vf.com are on vf.org. the difference between the two are "to keep it short" deliverance and ease of use.

Everyone that doesn't use vf.com is using vf.org, and should in theory be contributing to the development in various ways. That is our role.
  • Okay. That's what I thought. I was just making sure.