Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

External free hosting

kaoskaos New
edited April 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have decided to create this topic as i know people cant aford to pay some hosting fees so i have thought about making a list of free AND paid hosting here

Free Hosting
http://www.5quidhost.co.uk <--- these are free and who im currently with. They use Cpanel

Paid Hosting
-----

If you know any other hosts please reply or PM me im sure this will help alot if people want to have more freedom than vanillahosting :D

Comments

• Well, I have both free hosting and paid hosting. My paid hosting is Hostso, and they run $21 for like two years. So far I haven't had any problems running Vanilla on that. I also have free hosting.... 000webhost.com(I haven't used my account in forever), and x10hosting. I've only ran vanilla on x10hosting, and it worked pretty good on there. 000webhost isn't cpanel, but x10 is.
  • @MatthewAlan 000webhost dosent allow vanilla2 does it?
  • @isolationz I don't see why it wouldn't. I haven't seen anything on the forums, or TOS or anything. Do you mind me asking what made you think that?
  • At the risk of being accused of spamming but remaining in topic I have a hosting company of my own that I could put forward. www.hostpost.co.uk It is UK based with our own control panel. I may be able to offer a special Vanilla deal if there is any interest.
    I am building a Vanilla (V1) site for myself on our servers with no issues. I haven't looked at V2 in any depth but can't imagine why it may be a problem.
  • the most preferred, cost efficient, and easiest way to host a garden/vanilla ran website is http://www.vanillaforums.com

You can host a vanilla website for free there too.
  • @MatthewAlan it dosent allow PDO or urlrewrite :D
    @davey_h is it reseller or dedi and you need PDO_enabled and URL_rewrite also what server is it (windows, linux,ubuntu etc)
  • Oh, well like I said I haven't used 000webhost in a while a long while. x10hosting is a good option though, that's where I am designing a new style for my Vanilla 2 site, and don't really have any problems. But it's rather slow at the moment. Not sure why I think I did something to make it like that.
  • davey_hdavey_h New
    edited April 2010
    @ isolationz
    Yes, PDO is enabled on all our Linux servers; in regards to URL_rewrite - do you mean mod_rewrite? Which is essentially URL rewritting! If so, then yes - fully enabled.
    This is resold shared hosting.
    regards