Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Change Page Title

edited April 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is a way to change the page title from "All Discussions" to the actual name of my forum? If you are already working on it you can dismiss this post.
Tagged:

Comments

• Aite..aite...
  • Can you not change this in the theme?
  • I believe so, but when I go to change the "Application Title" it doesn't change the one on the tab in the browser.
  • İf you use vanilla 2.. You can change class.headmodule.php in dashboard/modules.
  • @Clough, thank you !

It was really useful me.
  • hyphyhyphy New
    edited July 2011
    You can also attack this problem using Vanilla locale files. This is the preferable method if you'd like to change every mention of "All Discussions" on your Vanilla install to reflect your specific forum name.

1) Create a locale pack (preferred, but longer method) or access the Vanilla core locale file at /applications/dashboard/locale/en-CA/defintions.php (overwritten when upgrading, but quicker method)

2) Insert the following line to the bottom of the locale file located in Step 1:

$Definition['All Discussions'] = 'Your Forum Name';

3) Adjust 'Your Forum Name' to your specific forum name

4) Save and reload the forum page in your web browser to see the new effects.
  • Anyone else with this problem, here is what you do.. Simple method.

go into the /conf folder

open config.php

Locate

$Configuration['Plugins']['SEO']['DynamicTitles']['discussions'] =

and there you go. :)

Just delete the part where it says recent discussions.