Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Official Vanilla 2.0 Release Coming Next Week

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @artagesw Vanilla includes an entire framework that lets you easily create any API you need with plugins or apps. I have no knowledge of a generic/official one shipping with the official release.

@rayk There is no vanilla.css by default but I believe you can include one in your themes for forum-specific styling.

@bobtheman http://vanillaforums.com/blog/help-topics/importing-data/

@sitlulong Easier than what? :)
  • Options
    Thanks Lincoln, worked it out. Custom.css way makes styling quite nice.

Is there any plans to include attachments in the import tool? It just needs to port over the LUM_Attachments table and insert image urls in the appropriate posts like all the other data that gets ported across.

I really really would love that. Please :D.
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    @rayk There are no plans to have the import tool support the attachments for this Week's release, but possibly after.
  • Options
    I would also like the attachments tool. I have a large vb forum I would like to port over to Vanilla asap. Thanks.
  • Options
    I was just checking Vanilla Forums today and heard new version is so close to release. Would love to check it out once its released. :)
  • Options
    many thanks to the vanilla team
  • Options
    I'm dying... I would like to move from PHPBB (v3) to Vanilla 2.

Anytime soon it will be possible to do that ?

Thanks
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I recall the import tool having support for both VB and phpBB v3 import.
  • Options
    @rayk

Oups sorry, i didn't know that. Where can i find the import tool please ?
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    @pmarchand Read the first post in this thread.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    @pmarchand phpBB needs some more testing. What I really need is a mysql_dump of a significant amount of phpBB data. If anyone can get this to me then I can get the phpBB export working sooner than later.
  • Options
    I have one question about this, will the official release support subcategories? I really, really need those for my forum :(

I searched and found a previous post of ''Tim'' from last month where he said it would be released in a later version of Vanilla 2. Well, if this feature is in the official release I would greatly appreciate that :)

Regards,
    Nima
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Hi @Nimaveli

V2 already supports 1 level subcategories.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    You mean it's in the RC3 version already? And with 1 lever subcategories what do you mean? I would like to have a category with 3 subcategories(at most) under it. Is that possible? And if so, how do I do that? Couldn't find it in the dashboard :)
  • Options
    @Nimaveli 1 level subcategories means that you can have subcategories just 1 level deep from the main category. You can have multiple subcategories, but they can only be under the main category. You can't have a subcategory under another subcategory.
  • Options
    @Todd
    I've a PHPBB running at this address : theveils.net

Is enough data for you if i give you the mysql_dump of my phpbb v3 installation ?
  • Options
    That would be amazing. Message me or email me todd@vanillaforums.com and we can coordinate.
  • Options
    @lincoln
    Exporting your vanilla data should be a feature built into the admin dashboard. that way once you import, you can export for a backup in case a fresh install is needed.

I was able to export my phpbb3 installation (small forum) and import successfully.
    Without putting in the database prefix (phpbb_) it would not work properly, and you have to check the box for (save export to server) ... shouldnt it pop up automatically and ask you to save or open?
  • Options
    @Roguefoxx
    I see, but I don't want subcategories under subcategories. You can have multiple categories right? So let's say I have 8 main categories and want each of these 8 categories to have 3 subcategories. Is that possible?

And if so, how do I do that?
  • Options
    @Todd
    Ok, I made a dump of my phpbb mysql base so i'm ready to help. Do you prefer i contact you by email or by "Sent Todd a message" ?