Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla "Dirt"

lechlech Chicagoland
edited May 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Vanilla "Dirt"

Comments

• Can you guys update this style ?
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    I suppose I need to remake this from scratch again now, don't I? >:)
  • You know it! Citizens demand dirt!
  • If it helps your motivation at all, I'll say that the single largest pain point, PERIOD, with the upgrade of my (then 500-member) community from 0.9.x to 1.X was:
    "What happened to those awesome Vanilla Dirt and Vanilla Sky styles?!?!?"
    Hundreds of people were using them, and loved them. :-)

Some people have tried to recreate similar ones (black/dark background, etc), but nothing beat those two from back in the day.

If that helps motivate, then good! :-)

-Andy
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    Hah, yeah I will keep that all in mind and it's a good motivator since I made this I've gotten dozens of reminders and requests and have been a bit too busy to work on things. And while good I think the overall style is, it has become a bit "dated" now so I'll probably put a new twist on the layout and keep the old color theme as best I can.

I'll also see how easy I can make it for everyone to add their own color accents, since I recall a few people asking for blue and green highlights instead of the familiar crimson.
  • Not a bad idea, add a sort of editable extension config to change css colors of a few aspects. A Style/Theme + Extension. Edit: lol not but 5 seconds after I typed this I saw the Drupal 5 post with a link to just what I was thinking about. http://drupal.org/node/91964 http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/4231/drupal-50-beta-is-launched/#Item_0
  • This should be in the next Vanilla update, though i don't know if Mark has placed it in the SVN...
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    Krak, I could make it less painful and just use a few import rules to several style sheets instead of doing it via extension which would create overhead. A simple colors.css file with proper import rule where changing a few hex colors should do the trick if I can define it all nicely :)
  • Can you please modify to work with 1.15a?
This discussion has been closed.