Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Preview Post

Comments

• Uploaded version 2.5.2 of Preview Post.
  • fixed so it reflects whisper status of comment-to-be.
  • Wow indeed, no flies on SirNot!
  • Has anyone else found a possible conflict with PreviewPost and MemberList? With MemberList disabled, Preview works fine, but with MemberList enabled I get:

Warning: include(extensions/MembersList/conf/language.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/marrow/public_html/vanilla/extensions/MembersList/default.php on line 36

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'extensions/MembersList/conf/language.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/marrow/public_html/vanilla/extensions/MembersList/default.php on line 36

Warning: include(extensions/MembersList/conf/settings.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/marrow/public_html/vanilla/extensions/MembersList/default.php on line 37

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'extensions/MembersList/conf/settings.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/marrow/public_html/vanilla/extensions/MembersList/default.php on line 37
    Test
  • Alty-im getting the exact same error with preview post/Memeber list : did you find a fix?
  • The problem is that MemberList uses a static include path (ie, 'extensions/MemberList/whatever.php'). I'm not sure why that causes a problem, but it does. You need to change the various include paths to $Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH'].'MemberList/whatever.php', or the appropriate path.
  • as timfire said what causes the problem is MemberList's use of relative paths rather than absolute ones. this causes the errors during the preview because ajax.php is not in the root vanilla directory, as MemberList assumes it to be.
  • Problem:

Preview Post 2.5.2 working fine with my FCKeditor.
    Im just getting the background "preview.gif" repeated, looking ugly :(

even if preview.css says:

#Comment_Preview {
    background-position: center top;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    }

He is repeating it on my firefox 2.0.0.12.

any hint or idea? solution?
    thx
  • i think i know why :( my style "Europe After The Rain" is using a reapeating pic where the "Preview" image now is shown ... thats why he is reapeating it even if the preview.css says: no-reapeat i think the style css is cuting this order from the preview.css someone got any idea how get the image NOT repeated if the user is viewing the preview?
  • I'm using PreviewPost together with ForcedBBCode. I tested this combination in different navigators. It's working in Opera. It's not working in WebKit (Safari, Midori). It's not working in Gecko. (Firefox 2, Firefox 3). It's not working in Trident (Internet Explorer 6). I can't make out what is going on, error messages are vaguely reporting 'syntax error at [b]test[/b]'. Any help would be much appreciated.
  • I have the same problem as mattucf said before in Preview Post # 23...

Someone found a solution?
  • Turn off auto-p and see if that fixes it, that's what it was for me.
  • I don't have an extension called auto-p if you mean this... What else?

Thanks for your help!
  • I'd actually love to know why AutoP makes the double spaces, but as I don't have any idea how the magic of PreviewPost works, I can't do anything to fix it :/ If anyone can figure it out I'll gladly update the extension.
  • Nobody a solution?

I've installed now AutoP for testing but it changes nothing, so I deactivated the extension again...

But the problem with this two lines still occurs....
  • Works Great for me,

Tested on:

> IE7
    > Firefox 3
  • Got it fixed! Did the edit of memberlist suggested by timfire after I figured out what I needed to add to lines 36 and 37. Ignore below: Ok, I am getting the memberlist conflict mentioned earlier. I edited the membership config.php file but with my limited knowledge (newbie) I have not been able to get it to work. It appears the problem is in lines 36 and 37 of the php file so I edited the existing text by cutting and pasting "$Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']." before the membership/ stuff on both those lines. When I try to go to the forum now it errors out and will not run. Can anyone give me more help on this? TIA Dan
  • Just wanted to share an image I came up with for this extension:

It's a PNG so usual caviats for Internet Explorer, but you could flatten it down and resave as GIF with the background color of your choice.

You need to put it in the extension folder and change the preview.gif to preview.png around line 91 of preview.js (in section shown):

comprev.parentNode.style.backgroundImage = 'url(' + baseurl + 'extensions/PreviewPost/preview.png)';
    Enjoy!
  • Thanks mate, I did convert it to a GIF and it looks good.

Posted: Tuesday, 17 February 2009 at 6:57PM