Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

User Wall

Comments

• Hi Vanoob, thanks for clearing that up. I agree with you on the permission bit and left it as it is. I went ahead and made the line changes to the form prefferences. For some reason it doesnt seem to be changing and still disallows commenting (despite role permission being granted). Could you perhaps dump the source in a whisper as to what it should look like? (Perhaps I've not understood something and done something silly). Thanks again, much appriciated. - Vaz
  • i have a new idea for this wall if anyone could do it it would be SUPER AWESOME can we have whisper comments on the wall something like that it would be cool
  • vanoobHowever as i am not sure exactly how the last active time of a user is actually determined i can at this time not figure out how to implement the notification system properly. Another thing i can't figure out at this stage is how to be able to allow html or bbcode text formatting to occur. If anybody has any ideas please inform me :)
    Anyone have any input on this to help vanoob? I know a notification system would really bring this extension into its own, on our forum at least.
  • Anyone have a site running this (and friends) I'd like to see it in action before I commit.
  • Anyone have the User Wall 1.0 Beta 9? The links above no longer work.
  • can we have whisper comments on the wall something like that it would be cool
  • Hey guys, Happy new year. Whisper comments huh, i think that can be easily implemented, so it should work like the comments can only be viewed by the person who wrote it or the owner?? And with regards to the previous problem about notification and fancying the text. I still have no clue. With regards to the User Wall link. Yeah sorry about that. the file provider decided to shut down and my computer which the file is on currently. well the video card decided to go bye bye. so give me some time and i'll try to upload another file again... Another thing is what do you guys think of this file compared to the original package, because if mine is significantly improved, it would be probably wise to change the ownership of this extension over to me, not sure if that is possible or not.
  • Dude!! that would be so awesome of you, if you could do that so coool i love whispers if you decide to add this on, when do you think it would be available? thanks a bunch
  • Yeah the "whispers" won't be using vanilla's whisper system just in case you're wondering, but did i mention my video card is bust on the pc that has all the files on it? So once i replace my video card the first thing i'll do is upload the latest stable package. And i will start on the coding when i have time, should prolly only take 2 days or so of intermitent coding, unless i decided to tweak other stuff as well. I'll keep you guys updated.

@ Vaz, hey soz about not replying, i kinda took well as you can see a long break. Now i'm not sure if i understand what you said exactly. But it looks like you took my advice on not changing the role permission rules, but decided to change on the personal preference rules. Now the question is can you/"youraccount" comment on your own wall? Also the line for the personal preferences that you changed, that only works on accounts who have not altered the rule in their database. So to fix that requires you to add a line which i might install in the next release to let admins change the global personal preference settings (not sure if that's a good idea). The other alternative is if you're just using your other test account, go into the personal forum settings i think it is and tick/untick 2x to your wanted configuration and save it. That should fix the problem.
  • why won't it use the vanilla whisper system?
  • my somewhat educated guess - because it's not really posting a message, i think it adds its own line to the table.
  • oh ok it would be really cool if it did though
  • Hey there, very nice addon, but may someone please update the Download? The Link to Beta 9 in the last posts is dead... :(
  • vanoob - man it looks like you put a lot of work into fixing some of the problems (especially the CSS) but the link that you posted is dead. Any chance that anyone has a copy of beta 9? It's killing me because beta 6 totally breaks the account page in IE. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Thanks!
  • Oh man... sorry about that guys. It seems the filehost decide to go bye bye. And i've been busy off my behind. I'm removing the dead link as we speak.
    I hope there is no problems for the old users using this package and hope it is the same for the new users. If so, leave a msg here and i'll try to get back to you as soon as possible. And if we can somehow transfer control of this extension to my account so it makes it easier to update and track, it would be great. I don't think Pol is updating this anymore.
  • Thanks vanoob! exactly what i was looking for! Thanks so much for providing a real file this time :P
  • I just tested it on IE7 and am still getting some really whacky css errors. Any ideas?
  • I'm using IE7 as well and i can't see any errors on my behalf, can you capture a screenshot.
  • Sure - also, now i'm having a really weird problem that has to do with permissions - it's disabled access for everyone to be able to comment, even though the member permission to comment on people's walls is checked. any ideas? I think I just had cached css data - the css seems to be working fine now - i apologize about the false alarm.
  • There's 2 layers of permissions/checkpoints for the user wall commenting feature.

1. Global permission to enable certain groups to comment on the wall in settings --> Roles & permissions.
    2. This applies to individual walls, in the "account"-->Forum preferences there should be a checkbox to determine if your wall is private or public. Default is private if i remembered correctly. (this allows individual person to enable their walls being written on)

So yes, make sure you have set those permissions/checkpoints properly. In either case, if you have enabled the global permission for your i assume "administrator" group to be able to write, you should be able to comment on your own wall. In either case there should be certain warnings that are distict to the pattern of checkpoints that is blocked.
This discussion has been closed.