Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Member Google Map

edited September 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Member Google Map

Comments

• Um - help? "A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred Technical information (for support personel): Error Message The "ManageLocation" class referenced by "ManageLocation" does not appear to exist. Affected Elements ObjectFactory.NewObject();"
  • Anyone...?
  • Is that error occurring when you activate the extension?
  • Ahh... that's the problem I was having weeks ago. No solution thus far. Mine would tick along for hours and then fall over (when attempting to access the Account page) with that error message.
  • @houseinprogress: If you could update your extension with respect to this comment GoogleMapDirectory # 55, we would appreciate it.
  • Uploaded version 1.1 of Member Google Map.
  • Any work on getting this working properly with FriendlyURL? I just had to manually edit the code to get it to play nice, but would like a solution that works for both situations out of the box. Edit, I think I fixed it. The two changes I made so far was the following: Edit again... found out how to use GetUrl(), lets do this properly!
  • Alright, here's how it would go with using GetUrl() properly, so that'll create the Url appropriate to the forum configuration...

Find:
    header("Location:account.php?PostBackAction=ManageLocation&u=$u");
    Change to:
    header("Location:".GetUrl($Context->Configuration, 'account.php', '', '', '', '', 'u=$u&PostBackAction=ManageLocation'));

Find:
    <form id="frmAccountMyBlogs" method="post" action="account.php" enctype="multipart/form-data">
    Change to:
    <form id="frmAccountMyBlogs" method="post" action="'.GetUrl($this->Context->Configuration, 'account.php','', '', '', '', '').'" enctype="multipart/form-data">
  • I missed one of the links accidentally. This is to update the link 'View all members' under a user's small google map on their account page.

In default.php

Find:
    $GoogleMap = '<li class="MemberLocation"><h2>Member Location</h2></li><li><div id="GoogleMapLocation">&nbsp;</div></li><li><a href="extension.php?PostBackAction=GoogleMap">View all members</a></li>';

Change to:
    $GoogleMap = '<li class="MemberLocation"><h2>Member Location</h2></li><li><div id="GoogleMapLocation">&nbsp;</div></li><li><a href="'.GetUrl($Account->Context->Configuration, 'extension.php', '', '', '', '', 'PostBackAction=GoogleMap').'">View all members</a></li>';
  • They just keep popping up! Found 2 more links that needed to be updated...

Around line 224, Find:
    <a href="account.php?u='.$u.'" class="CancelButton">Cancel and go back</a>
    Change to:
    <a href="'.GetUrl($this->Context->Configuration, 'account.php','','u',$u).'" class="CancelButton">Cancel and go back</a>

Around line 287, Find:
    var marker = createMarker(point, \'<div style="width:200px; height:auto; text-align:left; color:#333;"><a style="font-weight:bold; color:#333" href="account.php?u='.$row[4]).'">'.addslashes($row[2]).'<\/a>';
    Change to:
    var marker = createMarker(point, \'<div style="width:200px; height:auto; text-align:left; color:#333;"><a style="font-weight:bold; color:#333" href="'.GetUrl($this->Context->Configuration, 'account.php','','u',$row[4]).'">'.addslashes($row[2]).'<\/a>';
  • And another one...

Around line 153, Find:
    <select name='RoleFilter' class='LargeSelect' onchange=\"document.location='".$Context->Configuration['WEB_ROOT']."extension.php?PostBackAction=GoogleMap&'+(this.options[this.selectedIndex].value > 0 ? 'RoleID='+this.options[this.selectedIndex].value : '');\">
    Change to:
    <select name='RoleFilter' class='LargeSelect' onchange=\"document.location='".GetUrl($Context->Configuration,"extension.php",'', '', '', '', 'PostBackAction=GoogleMap')."'+(this.options[this.selectedIndex].value > 0 ? '&RoleID='+this.options[this.selectedIndex].value : '');\">
  • hi all!

i modified the google map to show an inline map at the "Define your coordinates" page.
    by clicking on the map a marker is positioned there and the coordinates are set in the input fields.

if someone is interested in the changes, i'll upload the new script :)
  • @jehul - That sounds cool. If you email it to me I can bundle that and the other needed fixes in to an upgrade of the extension.

Email me at aaron at houseblogs dot net
  • hi houseinprogress!

i mailed you the new ManageLocation class.

also please add
    "RoleID > 2" to the query in the googlemap class.

because banned users shouldn't be shown in the members map! :)

regards, J
  • How about color-coding the tags on the members map for different roles?
  • http://mapki.com/getLonLat.php Could we implement this map instead of copy/paste the position from an external map?! - sebastian
  • @barbe - We'll acctually implement the approach jehul suggested above soon--it will be graphical directly in Vanilla. There are just a few bugs to troubleshoot before uploading the new version.
  • Looks to work great except for one minor thing, under the text "User Location" there is a big white space. Nothing else! No map in other words. Anyways i don't see a way to turn on or off friendly URLS, but I don't think I'm using them. Am I missing something?
  • Friendly URLs is used in conjunction with the GetUrl() function built into Vanilla, and then installing the Friendly URL extension. By using that function, an extension can be built where all the URL's generated will be normal, or SEO compliant.

Which page are you looking at that has the text for User Location?