Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

JQmedia

Comments

• ah solved, i found and removed the snipet in jqmedia.js
  • could you release a .fla for the mp3 player? i would like to customize it..
  • I can request that midi file be included in the next update, so they embed in the same way as mp3 files

big thanks
  • I really like this add-on so, first off, amid the mayhem, let me say thank you! I am having a problem, albeit a minor one: I am finding that the yellow border/box containing the url below the mp3 player does not extend to fit the length of the url. I can see that this is because the containing div is set to 200 pixels but I'm not sure what would be the best way to rectify this situation. Here's a link to what I am referring to: http://unibreakersbristol.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=6&page=1#Comment_68 Hope someone could shed some light on what bit would be best to alter.
  • yes I've got that too iamkeir, your not the only one - I've just kind of got used to it I suppose XD
  • In jqmedia.js try changing line 197 from: var $el = jQuery('<div style="width:'+ embedParam.width +'px;" class="media ' + embedParam.name + '"></div>');to: var $el = jQuery('<div class="media ' + embedParam.name + '"></div>');
    Does that do the trick? I think that makes it take up the whole width of the comment though.

OT: Conrad, what exactly is your icon supposed to be?
  • I think it's a proboscis monkey?
    (I zoomed in with Safari using control-scroll)
  • Thanks Stash, I've made that change. I'm making a collection of changes to various extensions so will post back once I've uploaded all my changes to let you know if/how it works out.
  • That code change actually didn't work for me - the yellow box still suffers the problem and, instead, the mp3 player has an increased height making it look like a video...

http://unibreakersbristol.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=6&page=1#Item_20 (Not sure how long this link will be a valid example, as I'm continuing to work on it)
  • anyone having any issues where the mp3 player playes the audio file just a little to slow, making in sound a bit differnent then it should?
  • "hey i think i figured it out. I was encoding my mp3s with a sample rate of 48. So when the server re-encoded for playback it actually like did something they call chipmunking. I had the same problem when i uploaded my songs to soundclick. Thats where i found the answer to that probelm. I never knew about it because before that all i used was myspace and for some reason they dont have that problem or at least its very minimal. Anyways wanted to tell u its not really your player. U might just want to create a info about uploading mp3s with a sample rate of 44 or what ever. that is the standard i beleive anyways. Later dude." looks like a forum member found out why its doing that
  • Erk, Stash - after making your suggested change, my youtube videos are appearing way smaller than before. I have also reinstalled the add-on without the change but same result:
    http://unibreakersbristol.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=6&page=1#Comment_143

Is there a database setting that I have missed or has the add-on been updated...or is it a cookie?

Any ideas?

Thanks!
  • I have an odd issue with this... Ive been using it for a while and in any discussion, as soon as one youtube video is embedded, anyone trying to embedd one after that will end up with just the clickable link displaying rather then the player being embedded... ive read this whole 4 page thread and it doesnt seem like anyone else has reported this issue... any suggestions?

yes the trouble is the addon treats all youtube links as if they were videos, including lnks to account pages and even youtube's blog
  • ah.... so when using youtube videos it will only let you post 1 (embedded) per discussion?

MySchizoBuddy: any chance of fixing that and putting up an update :)
  • I was sick of not being able to have vimeo so I cracked it open and figured it out, if you want vimeo videos now you can download my updated code at http://253hiphop.com/253images/JQmedia.zip someone more qualified should clean it up and add it to the build :)
  • I began trying to add blip.tv functionality but alas the swf/flv ID is different to the URL ID - I've contacted blip.tv but it's very frustrating!
  • no help to me lol
  • Hey Nick,
    ah.... so when using youtube videos it will only let you post 1 (embedded) per discussion?
    I don't have this problem - I can put as many links in a comment and a discussion and they are all replaced with the youtube player...

The functionality of this extension is great but I think it's implementation needs to be tighter.

I promise to have a better look at the code at some point.
  • This extension is giving me problems on IE6. It creates a large amount of space between the top part and the first discussion whenever there is a link to a media in a comment within the discussion.