Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Nuggets

Comments

• That worked great. Thanks. If I edit a nugget now, will the pages array get overwritten?
  • Hi, How can I "manually add the *page* in the pages array inside, nuggets.php"? I've downloaded 1.1.5 and there isn't any nuggets.php... I was trying to display nuggets here: http://lussumo.com/addons/index.php?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=266 Thanks. :)
  • nuggets.php is created once you create a new nugget(twice, their is a bug that the file isn't created the first time. you can create it manually as well
  • is there a special trick to enable nuggets on a pagemanager driven page?

thanks in advance :D
  • no pagemanager should work, you will see page manager pages in the nuggets list. i think you have to enable page manager before you enable nuggets for it to see the pages
  • no success with your hint schizo :/

but if you say it works on other pages/sites very well, then i'll try to figure it out.

thanks anyways :)
  • show me your nuggets.php and what your page manager page is called
  • ok if you enable nuggets before pagemanager you will be add nuggets in the panel of pagemanager pages. else it won't work.
  • ok, i had no luck.

but however ..... thanks for your support schizo :D
  • Does anyone have insights for making Private Messages work with Nuggets?

I have both installed and, when I click into the "Inbox" tab provided by Private Messages, none of the baked nuggets in any of the various nugget panels appear.

I have tried implementing Schizo's fix Described here and messing with the order of extensions in the conf/extensions.php file, but neither tactic changes the problem.

I would love to use Private Messages because it seems cool, but Nuggets is more important to me.
  • check your nuggets.php file the page name should be 'PrivateMessages' not 'privatemessages'
    i just tested it and it works
    Also make sure there are no privatemessages in the private mesages default.php file
  • MySchizoBuddy whispered to me what I've done wrong, but I'll repeat it here just in case it helps any other wayward souls.

If you've added Private Messages AFTER you set up some site nuggets, you'll have to go back into Nuggets admin and enable the "Inbox" page for each of those nuggets.

I suppose this would be true of installing an extension that adds Pages to the tabs. Go back into nuggets and make sure your nuggets are enable for the new tab.
  • For anyone that's interested, I used this little bit of code to throw a set of "permalinks" to threads I wanted to easily reference below the top tabs, without having to make them sticky. Might be useful as an extension on its own at some point, but this works well as a nugget. A /ton/ of thanks to MySchizoBuddy for the pointers...

<?php $DiscussionIDs = array(4990,4991,19,2,745); // insert your thread ids here $DiscussionManager = $Context->ObjectFactory->NewContextObject($Context, 'DiscussionManager'); echo '<center><div>Top Discussions: '; for ($i=0; $i<count($DiscussionIDs); $i++){ $Discussion = $DiscussionManager->GetDiscussionById($DiscussionIDs[$i]); $UnreadUrl = GetUnreadQuerystring($Discussion, $Context->Configuration, 1); echo '<span><a href="'.$UnreadUrl.'">'.$Discussion->Name.'</a> ('.$Discussion->NewComments.')</span> '; } echo '</div></center>'; ?>
  • this could be optimized to do just one query which will be lot faster, and long code.
  • Still regarding Contact Form (http://lussumo.com/addons/index.php?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=266) and Nuggets.

Step 1 - I've checked the box in the nugget management for Contact Form.

Step 2 - I go to the Contact Form url and I get no nugget

Step 3 - I go to the nugget management and uncheck the box

Step 4 - I go to the Contact Form url and I get no nugget

Step 5 - I've downloaded nugget.php with Contact Form box checked and unchecked

Step 6 - Running a diff I get this:

</script></li>', 'weight' => 2, 'roles' => array(0 => 0), 'pages' => array(0 => 'comments.php', 1 => 'index.php', 2 => 'settings.php', 3 => 'account.php', 4 => 'post.php', 5 => 'search.php', 6 => 'categories.php')), 9 => array('name' => 'Pesquisa de temas relacionados com o Fórum da Casa', 'id' => 10, 'description' => '', 'position' => 'PANEL', 'status' => 1, 'hideName' => 0, 'html' => '<li><!-- Search Google -->

</script></li>', 'weight' => 2, 'roles' => array(0 => 0), 'pages' => array(0 => 'comments.php', 1 => 'index.php', 2 => 'settings.php', 3 => 'account.php', 4 => 'post.php', 5 => 'search.php', 6 => 'categories.php', 7 => 'contact', 8 => 'extension.php')), 9 => array('name' => 'Pesquisa de temas relacionados com o Fórum da Casa', 'id' => 10, 'description' => '', 'position' => 'PANEL', 'status' => 1, 'hideName' => 0, 'html' => '<li><!-- Search Google -->

Step 7 - Well, it's there

Step 8 - The Contact Form url is: http://forumdacasa.com/extension/?PostBackAction=ContactForm

Conclusion: the nugget saves the configuration but it isn't displayed. Anything to do with friendly urls?
  • hello, still having problems nuggets appearing on pages create with Page Manager 2.5.3 and Nuggets 1.1.5, http://253hiphop.com/?Page=store Ive tried enabling both and disabling both, any ideas to get nuggets to appear? bug?
  • hello, still having problems nuggets appearing on pages create with Page Manager 2.5.3 and Nuggets 1.1.5, http://253hiphop.com/?Page=store Ive tried enabling both and disabling both, any ideas to get nuggets to appear? bug?
  • when 'cooking' a nugget, the 'pans' in the drop-down should be sorted by their relative location on the page. (above banner, menu, below banner, ..., below content, footer) right now I think they're alphabetical. It's kinda subjective with the panel nuggets, but nonetheless, it's better than alphabetical. (I found myself looking for one called header, and it wasn't there)

Also it's not exactly working on my site at all. I chmod 777 the nugget dir, but still nothing. I'm in vanilla 1.1.4, I have page manager, but the nuggets don't show up an any pages, or even on the nugget cookin' page as a nugget. No error, just fails to do anything. Any ideas? Edit: Fixed it by deleting the '.DS_STORE' file in the /extensions/Nugget/library/ folder

[wow I feel stupid saying "nugget", "cooking", "pans", "nugget cookin' page" (came up w/ that one myself) etc., but, then again, isn't that the idea?]
  • woah how did you make that store?