Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Nuggets Addon

Comments

• Ripper mate, works beautifully "In Comments" when authenticated of course.

Posted: Thursday, 5 April 2007 at 4:48PM

• This is REALLY a great extension!

Thanks
  • Just HAD to chime in with my adoration for this extension! And yes - LOVE the delicious (clever) food nugget-ness!!
  • Hi, how can I include a php file? Putting this in a nugget doesn't appear to work for me:
    <?php include('/var/www/virtual/site.com/header.inc'); ?>
  • what is that header.inc suppose to do?
  • I can see the nuggets I create in every place I put them EXCEPT "in comments." Is there something special I am supposed to add to the nugget HTML to get it to work?
  • no there is nothing special to be done.
    In comment nuggets require a positive weight.
    post screenshot of ur nugget list

PLus most importnatly
    is ur theme list based or table based.
    I didn't make In Comments for tabled based themes
  • Sorry - that was my bit of stupidity. I had 0 as the weight. I changed it to 1 and now it shows. Here is one request - having the ability to have it show before the most recent comment.
  • meaning before all comments
  • No, not EVERY comment, just the most recent one- such as, after I post this, it will appear between my post in the one I am responding to.
  • Uploaded version 1.1.3 of Nuggets.
  • All customs tabs like tabs created by other extensions can now be used.
  • Could you please explain what you mean by this, MySchizoBuddy?

Posted: Sunday, 22 April 2007 at 7:42PM

• If u install Dojo Files or Discussion Overview or Blog extension, They all Add a tab in the menu bar, and the url is extensions.php?PostBackAction=Blog. Now you can use those pages for ur nuggets as well. Previously I had it so all extension pages will be included, now u can pick which of the extension pages you want.
  • OK I understand that but what controls have changed to allow this? I can't see anything different.

Posted: Monday, 23 April 2007 at 7:27AM

• no new controls. just detecting those pages. thats all.
    i'll add a new control for the blog extension later on
  • Hi Schizo, I think I've found a bug. When I give a nugget a name with a special character (non-latin characters, with accents and stuff) it cannot be edited anymore. It still shows up where it's supposed to, but when I clik on "edit", I get a blank form as if I was cooking a brand new nugget.
  • Picture 1
    thats editting page. I cannot reproduce ur problem

for now to fix it go into nuggets.php and manually change the name. Actually don't change the name, change the ID, see if it works if u just fixed the ID. i have a hunch thats where the problem might be coming from.
  • I encoded nugget.php in UTF-8 and changed the nuggets' id to fix the ones with this problem as you suggested, and it works. However when I create a new nugget with special characters, these characters are replaced by a square in the nugget's id. I also noticed these "bad" nuggets cannot be trashed since the drop down menu refuses to select them.
  • Schizo, thanks for the amazing add-on. Up and running. Great work!

BTW, it didn't quite look as I expected. When in the Nugget Management, the "Panel" hash box shows up UNDER all my sidebar stuff "Who's Online," "Social Bookmarks," etc., and above the Vanilla credits. The "Under Panel" hash box shows up right under the Vanilla credits.

When I installed a Panel nugget, however, it showed up right under the "Start a new discussion" link, above all the other sidebar stuff.

Again, thanks for the very useful add-on.