Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

ModTools

Comments

• Hi, it's me again!

I'm getting some php-errors at top of the the page when using the preview-extension and hitting the preview button!

Bye
    Tiggr
  • thx for reporting Tiggr!
    will check that!

please help to develop this and report any misbehaviors or bugs here... the more feedback I have the sooner I can start fix it and the sooner this extension will be ready for final
  • Uploaded version 0.05b of ModTools.
  • Now the errors with preview are gone!

Thank you very much!
  • This is a really useful mod!!! Thank you very much jawele for all that work! I am sure that the hint you suggested to : "don't forget to give you the permissions to moderate!" saved me some time...LOL
  • blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    Hi there, just installed it at http://www.glosunit.co.uk and I don't seem to have any options to merge/split threads etc? Any idea what the problem could be please?
  • "don't forget to give you the permissions to moderate!"

;-)
  • blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    ;x sorry
  • blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    Hmm, it's a bit confusing to use, how do I merge stuff? When I enter the discussion ID it throws up an error, the only thing I really want this extension for is the ability to merge/split really :D

The requested URL /extension/ShowError&DiscussionID=3294&error=ForgetBoth// was not found on this server.
  • blizeH
    the ForgetBoth error means that you didn't put the discussion ID and didn't select any thread to merge,
    for merge you must know in advance the discussion id where you gonna merge... that's why in the discussion view you can see the discussion id with mod tools
    then you input the discussion id, and you select the checkboxes for the post you want to merge..

hope it helps..
  • blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    Hi there, yup I selected the posts I want to merge with the checkboxes, entered the discussion ID at the top and it still threw up that error ^ :(
  • what browser/platform/extension are you using?
    Strange that it throws the error....
    I will update the extension to show properly the error....with friendly urls...
    but I need to reproduce your error to be able to pinpoint the problem..
  • this extension causes the forum to go blank until i disable it again :(
  • please, if you encounter unexpected behavior report this:
    • what browser/platform/extension are you using?
    • can you reproduce the error?
    • describe the steps to reproduce the error
    avoid to report, extension is not working or extension causes forum to go blank..... that will not make it work ;)

thx in advance!

HINT
    if forum goes blank try to take out all extensions only leave modtools, then add one by one your extensions and see which is the one that make conflict, and report it here ;)
  • blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    Hi there, I'm using Firefox, Vanilla 1.0.0.3, Friendly URLs and err, I guess that's it :-)
  • # what browser/platform/extension are you using? - firefox on xp

# can you reproduce the error? - yes, every time i activate the extension

# describe the steps to reproduce the error - i activate it, the discussion list page is white, no code when i 'view source' either

this has also happened in the past with other extensions like vanillazilla
  • Strange! Which version of php do you use?
  • blizeH
    are you using Dinoboff's .htacces file for friendly urls?

if not try to use that and tell me if you still have the same error...

circuit
    this is strange....
    nobody is reporting that...
    do a php info on the machine where your forum is and whisper that to me... if you want...
  • PHP version 4.4.4 - i will whisper my phpinfo now
  • circuit can you update to latest PHP?