Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Pre-Moderation

2»

Comments

• I have been trying hard to keep this going I just installed 1.18 and I got these mod rewrites to work.

RewriteRule ^extension/CommentApproval/$ extension.php?PostBackAction=CommentApproval [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^settings/$ settings.php [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^settings/PreModerationList$ settings.php?PostBackAction=PreModerationList [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^settings/PreModerationList/$ settings.php?PostBackAction=PreModerationList [QSA,L]
  • Version 1.1.10. This doesn't work, users can just post comments as usual?
  • This is interesting.
  • So Mark is too busy with Vanilla 2 to fix this add-on. Would be extremely grateful if someone else could fix it.

There are unfortunately no alternative pre-moderation add ons. :(

Cheers.
  • I've figured out why it didn't work. I'm using custom table prefixes, and the pre moderation index.php file has LUM_Discussions and LUM_Comments hard coded in 13 places.

Must be an older way of doing it?

Anyway, now its working - sort of. I'm getting the non-styled page after you post a comment, and some php errors on the approval page.

I'm not sure this addon is perfect anyway, though. There seems to be no way of getting a notification that there are new comments to be approved. And this also doesn't work with the notifications addon, as anyone who is subscribed to a topic/forum will get an email about a new post even before the comment has been approved.