Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

UserAward

SubJunkSubJunk ✭✭
edited June 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
UserAward

Comments

• if i enable this extension i get this popup (when the loader gif apears)

// UserAward Table Structure $DatabaseTables['UserAward'] = 'UserAward'; $DatabaseColumns['UserAward']['AwardID'] = 'AwardID'; $DatabaseColumns['UserAward']['UserID'] = 'UserID'; $DatabaseColumns['UserAward']['Award'] = 'Award'; $DatabaseColumns['UserAward']['Notes'] = 'Notes'; $DatabaseColumns['UserAward']['AwardedBy'] = 'AwardedBy'; $DatabaseColumns['UserAward']['DateAwarded'] = 'DateAwarded'; $DatabaseColumns['UserAward']['ShowMessage'] = 'ShowMessage'; ?>UserAward

other than that it doesnt work for me.
    btw. i have the newest vanilla release.

thx :)
  • Uploaded version 0.2 Beta of UserAward.
  • fery: I have not been able to reproduce your problem but have made a few small changes to the source code.
    Does the above code appear as soon as you try to 'Enable' the extension?
    Can you let me know how you get on with this version (0.2 beta)?

Anyone else getting this problem?

Thanks
  • I installed (0.2beta) , got errors, un-installed and now when I logout I see this at the top of the login screen:
    // UserAward Table Structure $DatabaseTables['UserAward'] = 'UserAward'; $DatabaseColumns['UserAward']['AwardID'] = 'AwardID'; $DatabaseColumns['UserAward']['UserID'] = 'UserID'; $DatabaseColumns['UserAward']['Award'] = 'Award'; $DatabaseColumns['UserAward']['Notes'] = 'Notes'; $DatabaseColumns['UserAward']['AwardedBy'] = 'AwardedBy'; $DatabaseColumns['UserAward']['DateAwarded'] = 'DateAwarded'; $DatabaseColumns['UserAward']['ShowMessage'] = 'ShowMessage'; ?>

Where the heck is this coming from and how do I get rid of it?
  • Looks like your conf/database.php file has messed up. Check it out.
  • looks pretty sweet
  • Thanks, yeah conf/database.php had the UserAward stuff added after the php close tag (%>) which was causing the error. Deleted and everything is back to normal.
  • so if i dont want to tweak around like silly, i should better wait for the next version of this extension to get a plug and play-ready extension?

how are the options actually? :D
  • Skube and fery: Sorry that you guys have had a problem.

UserAward adds the above lines to conf/database.php using the Vanilla function 'AppendToConfigurationFile' as do several other extensions such as 'Thankful People'. Seems like there might be a problem with 'AppendToConfigurationFile'.

skube: Are you using ASP-style <% %> tags?

I've seen another way of achieving the same thing without having to add anything to database.php. I'll check it out and upload a new version.
  • Uploaded version 0.3 Beta of UserAward.
  • Version 0.3 Beta no longer adds any lines to the conf/database.php file so should avoid the problem some users were having with this file becoming 'corrupted'.

If you have installed an earlier version please edit your conf/database.php file to remove the following lines:

// UserAward Table Structure $DatabaseTables['UserAward'] = 'UserAward'; $DatabaseColumns['UserAward']['AwardID'] = 'AwardID'; $DatabaseColumns['UserAward']['UserID'] = 'UserID'; $DatabaseColumns['UserAward']['Award'] = 'Award'; $DatabaseColumns['UserAward']['Notes'] = 'Notes'; $DatabaseColumns['UserAward']['AwardedBy'] = 'AwardedBy'; $DatabaseColumns['UserAward']['DateAwarded'] = 'DateAwarded'; $DatabaseColumns['UserAward']['ShowMessage'] = 'ShowMessage';
  • I get this Fatal error: Call to undefined function Redirect() in /usr/www/users/me/vanilla/extensions/UserAward/default.php on line 315

My version of Vanilla hasn't been updated in 50 days...
  • Mark W: UserAward requires the latest version of Vanilla (Redirect was introduced in v1.1.3).

UserAward requires version 1.1.4 or later.
  • i have the same error as mark W except that mine is on Line 400.

I have just installed a new version - v1.1.4 - and added the extension.

Any ideas?

To expand a bit ... I installed v1.1.4, installed UserAwards, activated it.
    To set an award I click the user name and in the panel is a "make an award" link, I set this as normal, click save and then get the error.
    If I then click back button and refresh, the award is awarded.

Update 2 - I just noticed the updated version 0.3, installed that, and now I get the error on the same line as Mark W.
  • Works great for me, superb extra - thanks!
  • Digilee:

AFAIK Redirect was introduced in version 1.1.2 of Vanilla. If you check:

yourforum/library/Framework/Framework.Functions.php

you should find it on line 688.

If this file does not contain the function for 'Redirect' then you need to check that you do have all the latest files for Vanilla 1.1.4.
    If it does contain this function please let me know.
  • Good job. It works fine!
  • ok it works now for me, very good job mightymango, i really like it.
    but what can i do to get rid of the star icon, and the icon next to the username in those comments (forum)?

thanks a lot :)

ps: a "add award" - text button would be great , not in the panel, more the self guiding way right above the addon (#AcountHistory) like the userwall addon.
  • I'm working on the next version which will include an option to:

Make awards public (i.e. display to everyone not just the user)
    Turn display of awards on 'Discussion' page on or off
    Turn display of awards on 'Comments' page on or off
    Hide awards from 'Guests'

The next version will also include an option to create, edit and delete new award types.

Like the idea of a button on the 'Account' page. I also plan to put a 'Make an award' link next to each comment.
  • Uploaded version 0.5 Beta of UserAward.