Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

UserAward

Comments

• The latest version includes the options listed above but does not yet include the option to create, edit and delete different award types.
  • I'm really liking where this extension is going.

I keep getting this when I add or delete an award:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function redirect() in /home/.batzi/cbabas/cbabaseball.com/board/extensions/UserAward/default.php on line 365

I'm on 1.1.4 and I'm using 0.5.

It does actually create or remove the award, it just doesn't want to jump back to the correct page.

Is there quick way you could explain how to add, edit or delete awards in the code before you build in-Vanilla functionality for it?
  • bmw I keep getting this when I add or delete an award:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function redirect() in /home/.batzi/cbabas/cbabaseball.com/board/extensions/UserAward/default.php on line 365
    bmw: You are not the first to report this problem with redirect().

This function is built into Vanilla and should be available in the version you are running. Can you check the following file for me please:

yourforum/library/Framework/Framework.Functions.php

The redirect() function should be on about line 688.
  • I have almost finished the code for creating and editing award types. It should be available in the next few days.

In the meantime if you wish to create your own award types your will need to edit the awards.php file:

// UserAward Awards $Context->UserAwardAwards = array(); $Context->UserAwardAwards['Number'] = 3; $Context->UserAwardAwards['Title'][1] = 'Gold'; $Context->UserAwardAwards['Icon'][1] = '1.png'; $Context->UserAwardAwards['Title'][2] = 'Silver'; $Context->UserAwardAwards['Icon'][2] = '2.png'; $Context->UserAwardAwards['Title'][3] = 'Bronze'; $Context->UserAwardAwards['Icon'][3] = '3.png';

You might wish to change it to something like:

// UserAward Awards $Context->UserAwardAwards = array(); $Context->UserAwardAwards['Number'] = 2; $Context->UserAwardAwards['Title'][1] = 'Smile'; $Context->UserAwardAwards['Icon'][1] = 'smile.png'; $Context->UserAwardAwards['Title'][2] = 'Wink'; $Context->UserAwardAwards['Icon'][2] = 'wink.jpg';

In this example the image files (smile.png and wink.jpg) will have to be copied to the 'icons' folder.

If you wish to use a different 'icon' for display on the 'Discussion' page just replace the 'star.png' file in the 'icons' folder (it must be called star.png though).

Hope this makes sense.
  • Ha ha! I had found that, and thought it didn't work. *Now* I see that I missed:$Context->UserAwardAwards['Number'] = 3;(duh.)

No wonder Award #4 didn't show up in the options list.

I'll check the Framework later and let you know.
  • That's odd, redirect() is not there. I must have messed up when I updated Vanilla way back when. The files in the directory all date from 4/7/2007.

Looks like my fault. Thanks for the help! :)

Update:
    Re-did my upgrade, and no issues now. Thanks for pointing that out.
  • Just a thought, why not add something like a UserAwardAwards['MiniIcon'] and just set them all to star.png for the default files?
  • OK. This is getting silly now.
    I have vanilla 1.1.4 installed as a new install
    User Awards was working for me before but with the redirect error, so I uninstalled it.
    Now I update to 0.5 beta and get this error:

Error Message
    An error occurred while retrieving data.
    Affected Elements
    UserAwardNotice.GetAwardsForUserID();

The error occurred on or near: Table 'DATABASE.LUM_UserAward' doesn't exist

Which renders the forum unusable.
    Turning UA off brings everything back to normal.
  • Sounds like UserAward was only partly removed from your system.

To force UserAward to recreate the database table remove the following line from conf/settings.php:

$Configuration['USERAWARD_VERSION'] = '1.0';

and then re-enable UserAward.
  • sorted, thanks.
  • I'm getting a an error when I use preview post - it's is citing user award as it's problem

anything I can do? - I can give you more details if you want
  • More details would be useful thanks...
  • here's the error that comes up when I hit preview post

A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred

Technical information (for support personel):

Error Message
    An error occurred while retrieving data.
    Affected Elements
    UserAwardNotice.GetAwardsForUserID();
    The error occurred on or near:
    You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'as AwardID, ua. as Award, ua. as Notes, ua. as AwardedBy, ua. as DateAwarded' at line 1

</blockquote
  • Uploaded version 0.6 Beta of UserAward.
  • cool - seems to work fine now - big thanks
  • maybe we could use this as a gift giving system ( like facebook)

users can choose what gift (image) to give to another member.. an dit would show up on their profile
    something like that
  • is there a way to batch delete all the awards that have been given out

I've been testing it out - just giving out silly awards so I want to reset the clock now that I have a proper use for it

a sql command (I'm using myadminphp) would be fine

thanks
  • To force UserAward to recreate the database table remove the following line from conf/settings.php:

$Configuration['USERAWARD_VERSION'] = '1.0';

This will clear the database and remove all awards.
  • oh cool I see - yes I wasn't sure if I was to do that because it looked like that only related to those upgrading - but that did the trick fine.

thanks
  • I am experiencing a problem using the add-on. I have two user groups set up with permission to grant/edit/revoke awards. For one of the groups, it works fine. For the other, when they click on "Make an Award", they get a blank center column, rather than the type of award and reason for it.

Any help appreciated. Using version 0.5beta with Vanilla 1.1.4.