Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

MembersList

SubJunkSubJunk ✭✭
edited February 2010 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
MembersList

Comments

• I get the following error on the page:
    Notice: Undefined variable: rakam in /home/skubeco/public_html/friends/extensions/MembersList/default.php on line 106
  • Uploaded version 1.0 of MembersList.
  • I didn't get that error actually but I have defined $rakam variable at the beginning as '0'so may be your problem is solved with that.

I have uploaded new files but you can also do it by opening default.php and find those lines,

global $Context;
    global $eMembersConfig;

right after that,add,

$rakam='0';

please inform me if your problem is solved.
    thanks.
  • It doesn't seem to work, I don't see the Members Tab. I can't seem to find any way of making it show up.
  • When you activate the addon, you should goto Roles&Permissions link and give permission to which role can see the memberslist tab. by checking the checkbox written "Can see members tab"

Another issue can be, if you are using page management, you should resynch tabs after activating the memberslist addon.

I hope that helps.
  • my forum has 1000 members

id there any way to display more than 5 per page, so perhaps 50

also - does it load all in one go and then carve the thing up into pages - it seems to act that way and makes the initial load time quite slow

thanks
    apart from that it's really great solves the problem of the old member page addon
  • re: undefined variable - yes, that fixed the problem. Thanks.
  • sure you can change some settings,
    open up the file conf/settings.php

from those lines

// shows how many members showed in one page
    $eMembersConfig['paginate'] = '5';

you can define how many members will be shown per page.

and yes, it loads all the members at the beginning than sort it with js. of course it makes the initial load time a little slow but than sorting is faster. :=)
  • How about being able to show the users Avatar in the list?
  • well, all the options are in the conf/settings.php file. from that file, you can choose to show/hide for, avatar, name & lastname, email, visit count, posts count, registered date, role description 0 for hiding 1 for showing it in the list.
  • Duh, I can't believe I didn't see that. Thanks!
  • thanks for your quick response - I'm happy now; this is a plugin I've wanted to see working for a long time
  • Good add-on! But some things:

1). May be rewrite code for IE support?
    2). JS files use 60 KB on the hard disk. Is it possible to reduce code? I think 60 KB too much for this add-on.
  • @AntSv - I didn't try it with IE, but I will and inform you about what can I do. what is the problem? isn't it working? or there is css problems? about the JS codes, I have no idea about JS, as I mentioned in my addon definitions, I took js codes from another source, I just integrate it to the memberlist. well all the sorting and paging ability done by JS, if someone can reduce the code thats ok. :=) thanks for your feedbacks, I'm happy to hear it works and fine for you all.
  • @selflearner - in IE there is bug with pages links rendering (it's complicated to describe; you should see it yourself).

About JS. May be cut off sorting? Or found (or write) another code.
  • I was having a problem with MembersList in combination with the Preview Post extension. I would get error messages after clicking "Preview Post".
  • @skube : what kind of error you get? I have installed preview post and memberlist together both local and server, there is no problem. is anyone getting this error out there ?

@AntSv : stil can't check with IE, I dont use IE on my mac, and I couldn't switch on my pc due to the rush hours on my side.
  • I have error message when I want to edit tags in discussion, and when I try to preview post (like scube): Warning: main(extensions/MembersList/conf/language.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /extensions/MembersList/default.php on line 28 Warning: main(): Failed opening 'extensions/MembersList/conf/language.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /extensions/MembersList/default.php on line 28 Warning: main(extensions/MembersList/conf/settings.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /extensions/MembersList/default.php on line 29 Warning: main(): Failed opening 'extensions/MembersList/conf/settings.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /extensions/MembersList/default.php on line 29
  • its interesting that Vanilla can not find settings.php and language.php file, I can just say, in default.php I hold the path of the extension in a variable, may be thats the cause of that conflict.

so just try to change those lines,

line 28 and 29 to,

include('extensions/MembersList/conf/language.php');
    include('extensions/MembersList/conf/settings.php');

and line 205 to,

$Head->AddStyleSheet('extensions/MembersList/style.css');

and erase line 20,
    $extension_path = 'extensions/MembersList';

lets see if it helps. I'm sorry that I can not give you a solution thats because I don't have that problem on my installations.
  • very useful add-on! But: as deleting of members from the database seems to be a (not so easy to resolve) problem, it could make sense - for a better overview - to skip banned members in the listing.