Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Organic

Comments

• right it does not work on category page and comment page too
  • @Hamed it's been working fine for me @sjeeps are all your themes relatively the same structure? Because you should package them all together as one theme with different styles.
  • the legend section? umm u know how it gives the color of new post and regular post blocked category and non blocked whisperto and youwhispered are we talking about the same thing?
  • but i don't get it how does it work for you for me it shows no color well it did until i edited the vanilla.css file
  • i have no idea
  • what colors show up on the legend of your discussion page? the same one they have on this site or different colors or no colors?
  • the colors are just as they are in the theme, but there's really no point on the main discussion page, because the colors are all the same. speaking of which --- sjeeps, you should make discussions with new comments a different color.
  • yes that is what i was saying the legend showed no color because they were the same color that is why it did not work sorry if i sounded REALLY confusing
  • but on all the other pages: comments, search results, etc. it works fine... there's just no point on the discussion pages...
  • fysicsluvr said:
    @sjeeps are all your themes relatively the same structure? Because you should package them all together as one theme with different styles.
    No they're not. Take a look at Blogger, I really can't take it's style and make it work with Organic.

I may consider making discussions with new comments a different color....
  • This theme is amazing... but it has some problems with IE6:

1. The separation between comments is very big.
    2. The author photo's are not showed in the header of comments
    3. On the main page, the margin of comments listed is different of the name of Category
    4. The corner rounded on top of main page has not the same width that the entire page

But this theme works fine with IE7, FF2.0.x and Opera 9.25

Thank you sjeeps!
  • @argie Unfortunately I don't develop and design Vanilla's themes for IE6 anymore but I'll be glad to help you do some css tweaks so it looks good in IE6.
  • Thank you sjeeps.
    Unfortunately, 53% of my visitors still are using IE6 :)
    Now, I need some help to fix the points 3 and 4 of my list above. I'm working on it, but until now I can't find a solution. There are an indent for the comments listed in the main page, but when I pass the pointer over an item of the menu the indent dissapears... It's very strange...
    Of course, this problem only happens with IE6. I've tried by using the IE7 script, but it doesn't works :(
    So, I appreciate your help, a lot.

Thank you!
  • Ok, now I now the problem is the definition of #content: there are problem with the padding and margin definition. I tried modifying the porcentuals, and also playing with "width" and "display=block", but I can't found a solution...
  • This is an awesome theme. Thank you so much for sharing. I'm planning on using it for a medium scale project, but there's a bug I'd appreciate help in ironing out:

Basically it's on user profile pages. If users display photos and add custom fields, their profile flows over the profile box (see image below for example).

Is there anyway the box can be extended in length so that it automatically fits whatever content the user has entered into his/her profile?

All help will be most appreciated indeed.

Thank you.
  • Unfortunately the pc where I do all my work is broken and I can't do much at work but try to add this code:

#AccountPage #Wrapper #Content { height: 100% min-height: 400px; /* you can set the length to anything you want*/
  • Dont know if this is possible but, is there any way to change the "Yoursite.com" at the bottom of the pages to make it say the actual sites URL. I'm not the greatest when it comes to PHP and I have yet to find where I can change this. Thank you.
  • Look for this line in foot.php:

// END LEFT, CONTENT, WRAPPER & STRATR FOOTER echo '<div id="Footer"> <p>&copy; Yoursite.com All rights reserved.&nbsp;Theme by <a href="http://www.ventswap.com/">Vent Swap</a></p>
  • when i post a paragraph in a comment it only shows as a line space, only on this theme do you know why?

Simon