Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Mootools

13»

Comments

• yup...it rewrites the extensions.php whenever it wants. My advice is to backup your extensions.php and overwrite it when it happens. for some odd reason it takes out the line if (!defined('IN_VANILLA')) exit(); from the extensions.php. has anyone found a permanent solution to this ?
  • I've got no answers to any of the above, but I do have a couple of feature suggestions instead ;)
    1. Please could the packer be optional, I personally don't like the decoding penalty associated with Dean's Packer?
    2. An alternative JSmin-based option would be great :)
    3. Please could .js be added to the end of the cache file, that way apache mod_deflate can easily compress the cache files!
  • i may have found a temp. solution, just comment out the line 3 of the extensions.php like so: // Make sure this file was not accessed directly and prevent register_globals configuration array attack //if (!defined('IN_VANILLA')) exit(); // Enabled Extensions seems to work for me, but 3 days after it went ammuck again... ...sorry i ever said this...but it was worth a suggestion...does'nt work
  • I wonder why this only seems to affect some users and not others? It's not broken for me yet. Perhaps ppl that have it break should list your Apache, PHP and MySQL versions to see if there's a common version of something that's causing the error to show up?
  • 3. Please could .js be added to the end of the cache file, that way apache mod_deflate can easily compress the cache files!
    Sorted! GZip compression using mod_deflate now works on the mootools cache file ;) (~50% saving) It might not be elegant, but it works!

mootools.class.php

Find line 43 if(!is_file("$Dir/cache/$Hash")) {and change it to this if(!is_file("$Dir/cache/$Hash".".js")) {
    Find line 50 $this -> WriteFile("$Dir/cache/$Hash".".js", $Script, 'x');and change it to this $this -> WriteFile("$Dir/cache/$Hash", $Script, 'x');
    Find line 53 $File = "extensions/Mootools/cache/$Hash";and change it to this $File = "extensions/Mootools/cache/$Hash".".js";
  • 1. Please could the packer be optional, I personally don't like the decoding penalty associated with Dean's Packer?
    I have a hackish way to turn the packer off, if like me you don't like the decode penalty associated with it.

mootools.class.php

Find line 48-49 $Packer = new JavaScriptPacker($Script); $Script = $Packer -> pack();and change comment it out /*$Packer = new JavaScriptPacker($Script); $Script = $Packer -> pack();*/
    2. An alternative JSmin-based option would be great :)
    I was bored so I Everything seems to work well still, along side JQuery and some other extensions. Size for the cached file is ~44kb and ~13kb GZipped.

Edit: If anyone wants to try it, download it and give it a go.
  • a very sloppy sollution is a cron...copy the backup over the main file e.g. cp -f /html/conf/extorig/extensions.php /html/conf/extensions.php i just hope it stays stable for the time its not copied. I have Mysql 5.0 php 5.0. until another solution is found, ill have to go with this one...copy every 30 minutes.
  • This problem just started for me too, and I'm thinking about doing DeGaR007's cron solution, but I'm going to see if I can compare the files sizes so I don't copy over my 'good' file.

Maybe we should post what extensions we are using to see if there is a common element to what is causing this problem? My extensions are as follows:
    <?php // Make sure this file was not accessed directly and prevent register_globals configuration array at$ if (!defined('IN_VANILLA')) exit(); // Enabled Extensions include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."Mootools/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."AccountPictures/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."AjaxQuote/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."ApplicantEmailVerification/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."Audioscrobbler/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."CAPTCHA/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."CategoryIcons/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."CategoryJumper/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."CategoryRoles/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."ChatStatus/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."CommentRemoval/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."ForcedBBCode/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."GoogleAnalytics/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."GuestWelcome/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."HiddenText/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."DiscussionFilters/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."JQuery/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."JQmedia/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."ModTools/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."./default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."MyComicVine/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."MyGamerCard/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."NewDiscussions/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."PageMng/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."ParticipatedThreads/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."PredefinedAttributes/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."PreviewPost/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."PrivateMessages/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."ReportPost/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."RoleListFix/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."SetList/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."Signatures/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."SpellChecker/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."UserFilters/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."Vanillacons/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."Nugget/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."PFC/default.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."Mootools/appendix.php"); ?>
  • this looks weird:include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."./default.php");
  • Yeah that was a badly installed extension that I've never moved to a subfolder.
  • HELP when i disable the extension, it seems to be still working in the background, when i remove the folder from the extensions directory i get this error:

Warning: main(/kunden/121606_86830/rckmydsk/extensions/Mootools/appendix.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /kunden/121606_86830/rckmydsk/conf/extensions.php on line 23 Warning: main(/kunden/121606_86830/rckmydsk/extensions/Mootools/appendix.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /kunden/121606_86830/rckmydsk/conf/extensions.php on line 23 Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/kunden/121606_86830/rckmydsk/extensions/Mootools/appendix.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /kunden/121606_86830/rckmydsk/conf/extensions.php on line 23
  • if you removed the extension then I think have to manually delete this mootools line in conf/extensions.php
This discussion has been closed.