Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Live Discussions

Comments

• Yes, I have Mootools 1.5 enabled. But looks like there's something wrong because when I try to disable it, I get a message saying there has been a problem authenticating my post. Since I wasn't posting anything and got this message from the settings panel, that's pretty strange.
  • I get these errors on a fresh install with only Mootools and Live Discussions enabled:
    LiveDiscussion has no properties [Break on this error] LiveDiscussion.Page = 'index'; testforum (line 13) Class is not defined [Break on this error] LD = new Class({
  • @Fyorl - ah, that'd do it. in that case, can you tell me how to move it within the panel? possible change for a future version - make it a use preference, getting it out of the panel altogether? great extension, people love it.
  • After several tries, it seems to work with Mootools disabled (still on a fresh install). I get a Live Discussions item in the side panel.
  • @Gauzy: I will put it on the todo list for the next release ;) @Ø: With Mootools disabled it should use its fallback script. The problem with that is that it has no compatibility with other extensions. If you want it to work with Discussion Tags, you'll need Mootools. So I just need to work out why Mootools isn't working properly for you. Could I have a look at one of your test forums?
  • Thanks for the new version. It installs perfectly works fine for admin. But when you signout.. the following error shows up. Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 68 in /vanilla/installation/extensions/LiveDiscussions/default.php on line 123 Thank you Fyorl
  • Uploaded version 1.2 of Live Discussions.
  • Uploaded version 1.2 of Live Discussions.
  • Version 1.2 should fix tagnu's bug and will also offer up the option of changing the Panel item's position.
  • I got a fatal error when I enabled this... (v1.1) I'll try to post what it spits out on v1.2 or if it's magically fixed itself. EDIT: yep ... here it is its a sql error and the affected elements are undefined.undefined(); (that sounds convienient.) it says to check the syntax for 'WHERE 'Field'='LDUpdateTime'' at line 3 i'd copy/paste but it doesn't seem to be working.. i'm in windoze on mojopac... thats probably why.
  • Well I know where that is coming from because there's only one point in the script where there's an SQL query with that syntax:
    $sql = " SHOW COLUMNS FROM `{$Configuration['DATABASE_TABLE_PREFIX']}User` WHERE `Field`='LDUpdateTime' ";But I can't see anything wrong with that. If I type it into PHPMyAdmin it evaluates the query fine and returns a result. What version of MySQL are you using?
  • hi, works fine with Firefox. But with IE (6) get the following errors: Line: 165 Error: Expected identifier, string or number Line: 22 Error: 'LiveDiscussion' is undefined
  • so unable to see the magic
  • Bloody IE and its appalling Javacript support. There's not much I can do since I don't know how IE 6 is counting the line numbers; line 165 in live.js is fine and won't throw any errors so I'm unsure as to what to do. I would hope most people have IE 7 by now anyway. That being said, IE 7's javascript isn't much better so it still might not work.
  • this is where IE 6 shows error in Script Debugger LiveDiscussion.Page = 'index'; ps: it's not on the livej.js but on the main page
  • Hmm well I can't see anything wrong with that line. Unless the main problem is that 'LiveDiscussion' is apparently undefined. LiveDiscussion is defined though. Try adding the following line after line 152 in default.php:
    LiveDiscussion = {};
  • I'm getting the same errors as fysicslvr - there's a fatal error with undefined.undefined();
  • OK, I can't think what the problem could be other than MySQL versions. What version are you using?
  • According to cPanel, it's 4.1.22-standard.
  • Well I've got 5.0.45 so that may be the problem. Could you try executing the query in PHPMyAdmin as that will help confirm whether MySQL really is the culprit. In the meanwhile I'll look around and see if I can find something in the MySQL documentation about this.