Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

New Post Notifier

2»

Comments

• btw, just a quick...

does this extension work for anyone ?
  • yes, it works.
  • hey chris

thanks for your reply, could you tell me which other extensions you have activated as well ?
  • too many to mention. what do you have running on the discussion pages that you think may be causing this to not work?
  • good question but i have no clue , probably a 3d party theme issue?
  • well i disabled all extensions, end enabled them all , and it works now also for me :)

i guess this would be more useful in combination with the private messages extension, and also when this popup appears everywhere "you've got a new messge - ringding".
  • ...could also have been an "extension order conflict". These do crop up from time to time...
  • doesn't work on my forum. no errors, no weird boxes, just nothing.
  • very strange!
  • Same here not working; vanbook theme
  • Works great here from the very beginnuing .... Everybody loves it!
    I changed the timeperiod to 20 Sec.
  • How can I make this default to on for all users and all new users?
  • Any updates on this? Does it work with Vanilla 2?
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    No. Vanilla 1 plugins never work with Vanilla 2.
  • Any updates on this? Does it work with Vanilla 2?
    sorry for reserecting an old thread, but like Goke posted - does this work on v2 or is there an alternative?
  • lucluc ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    You can have v2 check for new comments in a discussion, select the frequency in the dashboard. It doesn't need any plugin.
    It will display it/them directly, no need to do anything contrary to this adding that required to click in the small popup to retrieve the messages.