Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Notifi

Comments

• Version number changed from 1.7.1 to 1.7.
  • Uploaded version 1.7.1 of Notifi.
  • Notifi is finally compatible with Low-Cal Vanilla! Be sure you download the new versions of both the extensions or you will get an error (of course there is no error if you don't already have Low-Cal Vanilla, don't worry it isn't a dependency).
  • Hi SubJunk. I have installed 1.7.1 and notice an error message after activating the extension: Notice: Undefined index: LOWCALVANILLA_TOOLS_PATH in Hostpath\httpdocs\forum\extensions\Notifi\_includes\install.php on line 76
  • Can you please tell me if you have Low-Cal Vanilla installed, or if you have ever had it installed, and which version?
  • oops... you should use: if (!empty($Configuration['LOWCALVANILLA_TOOLS_PATH'])) { to check if LowCal is installed
  • No I don't have Low-Cal Vanilla installed or ever had it installed. The extensions I have installed are: # Community Moderation 1.0 # FCKeditor 2.5.4 # Forum Statistics 0.4.5 # Global Preference Setting 0.1 # Html Formatter 2.4 # Janine 1.1.1 # MembersList 1.2 # Notifi 1.7.1 (temp deactivated) # Preview Post 2.5.2 # Set List 1.0.1 # Stuff Displayer 2.1 # reCAPTCHA 1.10.0
  • @ Dinoboff - thanks I changed the line as you suggested to check if LowCal is installed and it did the trick
  • Uploaded version 1.7.2 of Notifi.
  • Ah dino beat me to it ;) anyway that is exactly the same thing I did in this update. Sorry for the trouble palmdoc I didn't do enough testing before release.
    Dino you might want to edit this post with the updated code too.
  • Wow that was fast ;) Anyway great work Subjunk!
  • Uploaded version 1.7.3 of Notifi.
  • Funny I am still getting the occasional error. Error Message An error occurred while sending the email. Affected Elements Email.ServerParse(); The error occurred on or near: Couldn't get mail server response codes. after the latest Notifi update. I have not made any SMTP server changes but it seems to work only on and off. Any clues?
  • Thanks for letting me know. Can you please tell me exactly what you do to get that error? It will be much easier for me to fix it if I can reproduce it
  • I'm not quite sure. After the updating with the latest default.php file, it seemed to work. Later on I got the message again so I disabled the extension. Then I enabled it again and it seemed to be OK for a while but it then gave the same error again when posting comments in threads. I don't know how to reproduce it. I don't know if it is sensitive to server time outs perhaps? But I don't have any issues with email from my main Wordpress blog anyway. It's in http://palmdoc.net/forum if you want to check it out At the moment I enabled the extension but I am getting the error
  • Well instead of taking a lot of space up on this discussion why don't you email me, my email address is in Notifi/default.php. I signed up at your forum but it appears you disabled Notifi again so I can't test it. Anyway I'll wait for your email.
  • Many thanks for the work done on Notifi. Version 1.7.3 is working very well for me. Would it be possible to configure it to just post the first e-mail of each discussion? This would enable people to go to the forum on the web if they were interested in the topic and would not block up everyone's e-mail too much with the answers. I am working with a group who are used to an e-mail forum and getting them to accept Vanilla has been an uphill struggle. Our old forum (MailMan) works by e-mailing the question and the answers are sent only to the person who asked the question. This person then has the task of summarising all the answers and sending the summary to the forum. If we could use Vanilla in this way the summary would be redundant.
  • To Tony:
    Yes that is very possible to make and it's a good idea. I was hoping someone would make a new feature suggestion soon. I don't have much free time at the moment in between work and other personal projects, but when I get a chance I will make that feature.
  • Thank you very much SubJunk. I look forward to that and when completed I will owe you a few beers or something!
  • Just thought you should all know that this extension does not work with Vanilla 1.1.2

No errors are generated but no emails either :-(