Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Webby Chat

2»

Comments

• Uploaded version 1.2 of Webby Chat.
  • Found that this add-on kills my log-in/log-out page. Just gives a white page. Any suggestions?
  • I had a lot of problems with this extension, and gave up after struggling with it for hours. I'm using PFC, which was a doozy to install and get going - not a single issue.
  • @philrisk Are you using 1.2 of the vanilla add on?
    @Michael3185 Can you let us know what problems you were having so we can help resolve them for everyone?
  • *** IF YOU ARE USING PAGEMANAGER ***
    PageManager doesn't show the tab that webbychat tries to create. You can create it by doing this:

1. Goto Page Management
    2. Add a new page
    3. Set the Tab Name to Chat
    4. Leave tab Identifier blank
    5. Copy this exactly into "Tab Attributes:
    onclick="__wbc_slide_chat_pane(); return false;"
    6. Make the Tab Url: #
  • @crickeys - I installed it before the 13th if that was when 1.2 was released.Deleted it now so not sure which one I was using. I installed about 2 weeks ago.
  • @philrisk May want to try it again with the latest version, just so we can tell everyone else if it's resolved.
  • That was a few 18 hour days ago, and I can't remember the exact problems. Tell you what though, now I've seen crikeys advice on Page Manager, I'll give Webby Chat another look, as I do vaguely remember nothing coming up. Will post again later. [edit] Sorry, but after reading their main site, I won't be using it. I need a private chat that I can fully control from day one, as the forum it's used in is for staff providing service for at-risk groups. Hence, lots of rules and regulations.
  • @Michael: perhaps you should check out http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/6834/3/pfc/ and/or http://www.phpfreechat.net/ Note: add-on supposedly has issues, but I see people who claim that various notes in the comments have "fixed the issues"
  • @TomTester; cheers for the links. I did try phpFreeChat, but liked the way PFC integrated easily and just worked (though I see from various posts that others had problems). The first forum I'm getting ready to go asap is private, and will only have around 30 - 40 members, so PFC will do on that. Another one may grow much larger, so I may look at other options in the future.
  • This may be a silly question, but is there any way possible to use webbychat to access an IRC channel instead?
  • Coupon code for vanilla users. If you sign up for one of our Control plans use promo code: LUSSUMO_20 and get 20% off.
  • TBH its way too spendy at $30/m, even if there was 20% off, a monthly charge just to be able to get away with using curse words without being banned is pretty lame. Uninstalling Webbychat right now due to it.
  • There's a $9.95 plan with control as well.
  • I am waiting for the frame version. Other than that, I like Webbychat a lot. Easy integration and my users liked it. Except the slowing down of the whole site even if closed.
  • There is an error in the instructions for people using Page Management.

Correction:
    Into Tab Attributes, copy this: "onclick="__wbc_slide_chat_pane(); return false;"

I got the chat panel to display properly but once I edited the WebbyChat custom settings it stopped working. I noticed that every time I changed/saved something I kept getting extra slashes. My resolution was simply to get rid of all of the extra comments.

var __ptw_start_open = false;
    var __ptw_dont_push = false;
    var __ptw_align = left;
    var __ptw_width = 240;
  • let's try this again ><
    var __ptw_start_open = false; var __ptw_dont_push = false; var __ptw_align = left; var __ptw_width = 240;