Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Attachments and Pagination for Van2?

raykrayk New
edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Any rough idea when those features/plugins are going to be released? These are pretty much must have plugins for me to move from Van1 to 2.

Cheers!

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited July 2010
    Pagination is built into core (e.g. multi-page discussions). Do you mean Pages?

Attachments isn't getting released yet because it they aren't ready to support it. I speculate it might be a little while because I bet they need to give VanillaForums.com some love now that they got through the final 2.0 release.
  • Yeah I meant pagination - couldn't find any kind of setting in the admin panel to change it from " x older comments" to the normal x comments per page breakdown.

Sucks about the attachments, it's such a vital feature of forums - really hope it is out soon.
  • edited July 2010
    Must agree that the Ajaxy 'XXX older comments' button, which takes you back in the thread by however many comments-per-page you have set in the Dashboard is counterintuitive. Without any way to get to the first (or Xth) page of a discussion (I have some threads on my Vanilla 1 site in the thousands of comments) without clicking that button 30 times, I foresee user revolt.

A simple [1] [2] [3]... [28] [29] [30] list of pages as an option for threads (or a plugin) would be welcome.

Liking what I see of Vanilla 2.0 so far after more than 3 years running a busy forum with 1.x, but it's pretty.... vanilla, and there's a lot of functionality that my users expect (provided through plugins) that I hope we'll see in new plugins before I can consider porting over.

Tangentially, the new Whispers presentation just doesn't make sense to me, at least in terms of whispers from the 1.1.10 site I imported to my testbed. Hoping we have the option through theming or whatever to recreate that.
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    I think that the pager within comments will be changed to a straight up page list. Not sure when, but soon.

@Tim is in charge of the file upload.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]