Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

HTML Not Displaying After Vanilla Upgrade/Import

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I just did a new Vanilla 2 installation, importing my old board into the new version. Everything with that went just fine - all my users, content, etc is in tact (which is awesome!) and the process was really simple. So thanks for making that easy!

The one thing that has happened, however, is that all the previously posted URLs / embeds aren't displaying in the new install. If I edit a comment I can see the valid HTML inside, but it won't display. Even stripping out the old comment and starting over with new HTML code won't display HTML. So basically any post that was done prior to this upgrade can't display HTML at all.

This is really frustrating because a big part of my forum is for downloads. Any idea what went wrong here or how to fix it?

Comments

• Try disable the HtmLawed Plugin and activate again.

Hope its works ;)
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    I'm guessing your old forum had a plugin that changed the format to something other than Html. FCKeditor did this as an example.

If you want to update your comments/discussions to Html then execute the following SQL:
    update GDN_Discussion set Format = 'Html';
    update GDN_Comment set Format = 'Html';
    You might want to query your database first to see what the formats are just so you can confirm that this is the problem. Try the following:
    select distinct Format from GDN_Discussion;
    select distinct Format from GDN_Comment;
  • Todd,
    That worked beautifully. I was using FCKeditor on the old site so I'm guessing that's exactly what the issue was. Thanks!