Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Exclude category from the discussions Index

PablinPablin New
edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
How to make that?, i need the post from "X" category not show in the home page of discussions, its possible?

Thanks in advance ! ;)
Tagged:

Comments

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    The easiest way to do this would be to deny all roles the view permission. You'd still see the category as the forum admin, but no one else will.
  • I want the users see the post in their category only, not in lastest discussion.
  • raykrayk New
    edited September 2011
    +1

I'm after this feature aswell. Need to hide a category from main discussion page but still be accessible by all users.
  • I would like this as well.
  • sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭
    depends on how many posts you want to show on home page.
    i used a hook to display only 10 posts from categories except ONE category and that category shows on its page. but the pager would not work - i didnt know how to do that so i limited home page posts to 10

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• This sounds like something that I am looking for as well....I basically want a category that is hidden from all members that only mods and admins can post in. I made a category that was hidden from all members, guests, banned....but they were still able to see that category in the dropdown menu when creating a discussion. And they could still post to that discussion, they just couldn't see that it existed after that. Do you know if there is anything like what I am looking for?

I want it to kind of JUST be a mod/admin forum within the site that the regular members are not privy to in any manner at all.