Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Installing Vanilla Forums 2.0.3 on a server for free?

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Where would I be able to find a free PHP PDO server that is free to host Vanilla Forum?

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    You should probably check out the free plan on http://vanillaforums.com/

I recommend against free independent hosting plans. You get what you pay for.
  • Options
    I'v actually found that LimeDomains.com works excellent for vanilla forms. I'm running my forum right now on it for free. Hard to find PHP PDO, and LimeDomains.com solves that problem.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    There is a difference between a car that starts and a car that you'd take on a road trip.
  • Options
    Are you saying I shouldn't be hosting this way?
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    500MB of traffic... I hope you don't plan to have very many users. I use more than than on my cellphone each month :(

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    @Tomtom100; Just for reference, I tried three free hosting services over a year ago. All promised great free services, all installed ok, all ran like a one legged dog after a few days or so. I suspect you get some CPU priority for perhaps a week, and then are relegated to space on the Commodore 64 network in the back room. I didn't even bother to record their names and URLs they were so bad. A small monthly fee will get you decent service and bandwidth if you shop carefully.
  • Options
    @Mikhael So I might problems in the future with these free hosts? I actually used to run a web app I built that stored images and I haven't had any problems with cpu and storage. I find that some hosts like 000webhost , x10host, and LimeDomains offer premium like services. I've been very convinced over the years not to buy hosting service because I've had such a great experience for free.