Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

FileUpload 1.1 Released

Comments

• Another thing is that it does not show images in browser, but downloads them istead (image extension was .JPG)
  • On 2.0.3, file attachements aren't showing up in comments, discussions, or anything. It's not a browser issue; it doesn't work on either IE 8 or the latest version of Chrome. Any ideas?
  • Great plugin! I'v discovered a couple of issues though.
    1. It doesn't accept files of type JPEG
    2. There seems to be an issue with PNG files. I can only recreate this error on a random basis. I add first a PNG file (with spaces in filename), then another file (JPG with/without spaces in filename). When I view the post in the discussion only the first file is shown under the attachments. Sometimes both files are listed, sometimes not.
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    @Dr_Amazing I think it's counter intuitive to be testing a brand new plugin on anything but the latest version of Vanilla (2.0.6).. it seems to be functioning flawlessly for me. @mandarin jpg and png both uploaded fine for me on 2.0.6 (it could also be a plugin conflict)

This is such an awesome plugin, thanks team.
  • I have attachments displayed only in the first post of the discussion, for other posts files are uploaded but are not shown in the messages.
  • - there is no way to delete attachments.
  • File upload does not work if the file being uploaded has an apostrophe (') in it.
  • edited September 2010
    On 2.0.3, file attachements aren't showing up in comments, discussions, or anything. It's not a browser issue; it doesn't work on either IE 8 or the latest version of Chrome. Any ideas?
    I have the same issue. With Vanilla 2.0.6.
  • I noticed there are no attachment settings for guests or visitors who are not logged in. Guests can always view the attachments.
  • Thanks for the great plugin!

However, I am unable to upload other file types like .docx. They seem to upload fine, but they aren't displaying on any of the posts.

I'm using Vanilla 2.0.6.
  • Running Vanilla 2.0.6, can upload fine but it doesn't seem to have the ability to insert the attachments into the post?

They just appear as download links : /
  • I need only a limited number of users can upload images: is there the possibility of granting the upload to users belonging to a particular group only?
  • I need only a limited number of users can upload images: is there the possibility of granting the upload to users belonging to a particular group only?
    After installing the plugin, you should have two new permissions per user group: Allow/Deny "Attachments Download" and "Attachments Upload"
  • Perfect! Thanks!
  • vizionaviziona New
    edited September 2010
    thanks for great plugin

on vanilla 2.0.6, I don't see attachments in all comments, only in first comment of discussion
  • there is some incompatibility between this plugin and Signatures
    when I disabled Signatures, the attachment appeared in comments, too

hope that this helps in figuring out the problem
  • there is some incompatibility between this plugin and Signatures
    when I disabled Signatures, the attachment appeared in comments, too

hope that this helps in figuring out the problem
    I disabled Signatures as well, but still won't work. Anyone find out the same thing?
  • @Raize Yes jpg works fine, but not jpeg.
  • edited September 2010
    @Raize Yes jpg works fine, but not jpeg.
    This is a setting pulled from your config. Override $Configuration['Garden']['Upload']['AllowedFileExtensions'] to add it:
    $Configuration['Garden']['Upload']['AllowedFileExtensions'] = array('txt', 'jpg', 'gif', 'png', 'bmp', 'zip', 'gz', 'tar.gz', 'tgz', 'psd', 'ai', 'fla', 'swf', 'pdf', 'doc', 'xls', 'ppt', 'docx', 'xlsx', 'log', 'jpeg');
  • Huh, files uploaded on comments still won't want to work.
This discussion has been closed.