Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How does this plug-in actually work and how do I get it to work?

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
How do I get this plug-in to work? What do you do with it? I know it has to do with links and images, but I'm confused on it's relevance.

Comments

• I don't see that it does anything.
  • Yeah. In the description there is a link to an example page. The page isn't there any more and you have to have translation software to do other things with the addon because it's in czech.
  • I thought this would be similar to autolinks on V1. It hasn't been updated since March and doesn't work with 2.0.3.
  • Yeah, I wish attachments for vanilla 2 was made.
  • @TommTom: Just enable it, and then paste into editor box link to some image or youtube video. After saving they should be visible in your post automatically.

@Tim: It works mostly fine. Sometimes however it does not work on the first post of the discussion. But not always :(.
  • I get no visible sign that this plugin works. Maybe because my forum is imported from V1? I have links in many of my discussions to image which should be shown using Magic but are not.
  • @tmilovan I'm still a little confused on how this actually should work. Can you please run through some steps on how I can work this addon? Also is there some type of script that must be placed inside the text area when posting a new discussion? Like,< img src="http://cl.ly/s1w/content" width="500" height="250"/> .
  • MikhaelMikhael New
    edited September 2010
    @Tomtom100; I just tried embedding a YouTube video by simply pasting the link in (Vanilla 2.0.4), and it worked fine. I expect images would be the same, which is all I need for now.

Edit: Sorry, I should have mentioned that I'm not using the Magic plugin; Vanilla 2 embeds YouTube videos without it.
  • @Mikhael I just upgraded to Vanilla 2.0.6 and imported my Vanilla 1.1.1 forum. The Magic plugin works for all the new content that I add but none of the content that was imported.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
  • See the link below to make corrections which will fix this plugin.
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/12204/magic-plugin-update/p1