Please upgrade to 2.2 here.
The 2.0 and 2.1 branches are no longer being updated.
Vanilla 2.0.9 has been released!
* Note - This is a bugfix release that takes care of an issue reported with v2.0.7, where some columns were missing from Gdn_UserAuthenticationProvider, causing ProxyConnect to fail. In all other respects, this version is the same as 2.0.7.
- Fixed AJAX issues that broke functionality when RewriteUrls was disabled
- Updated authentication support framework to allow hooking signin/signout
- Provided plugins with ability to modify main menu items in smarty themes
- Allow .htaccess check to be skipped during installation for hosts that prevent such files
- Allow manual loading of plugins from outside plugin root
Troubleshooting the Vanilla 2 Installation
If you run into any issues during the installation, you may see the "Bonk" error screen. In order to get past this screen, you can remove the following line from your conf/config.php file:
$Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'error.master.php';
This will show you a more detailed screen of information about the actual problem you've encountered. Please include this information when reporting issues (copy & paste exact errors, please).
Upgrading Vanilla 2.0 Forums
- Sign into your existing forum with the user that was created when you FIRST INSTALLED Vanilla (the root admin user)
- Back up your database.
- Back up all of your existing files.
- Unarchive the new files and copy them over your existing files. Make sure that your hidden files (ie .htaccess) are copied to your server.
- Make sure the conf/config.php from your old version has been copied over to the new version.
- Delete all *.ini files in your cache/ folder
- Navigate to the page in your forum that updates your database (this will not work if you did not sign in as UserID = 1): www.yourforum.com/utility/structure
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the button to run the update scripts.
- Navigate to your forum and test away!
For more help with upgrading, check out the Upgrading Tips and Tricks
DO NOT REPORT ISSUES ON THE COMMUNITY FORUM
Please report all issues on the GitHub Issue Tracker
. Remember to do a quick search through the issues to make sure your issue has not already been added or resolved.
See the add on page for additional instructions.