Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

JixBar - bar added after document end ?

cdavidcdavid New
edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello, @adriansonline ! I started looking at the JixBar and installed it on my Vanilla 2.0.9 installation and the bar seems to be added after the entire document.

I am not sure if this is a bug with the Base_Render_After not being handled correctly in 2.0.9 or if that is a bad place to add content. The problem is that even Chrome complains and I am using XHTML to serve my content.

This page contains the following errors: error on line 148 at column 1: Extra content at the end of the document Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

Can you please confirm that is a bug or whether this has been fixed in later releases of Vanilla?

Thanks,
/cd
Tagged:

Comments

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP
    I have fixed it. I used the wrong function. Line 58 is changed to:

public function Base_AfterBody_Handler(&$Controller)

I had made the fix on my local install, but I forgot to upload. I had been waiting for the addon area to be fixed.

This should fix your error
  • Thanks. Will take a look at the code and try to create Dashboard configurations for the parameters. I remember promising you I would look at another plugin... any idea which (or was it this one?)?

Thanks for the fix,
    /cd
    It was this one. It would be super. I still haven't figured out that part of plugins. So if you can show me on this one, it would be great. I also found the image path is an issue. What do you think I can do to make that work better? I want to get this working before I tackle trying to add chat.

I am also working on a poll plugin. Rough stages right now :)
  • Just finished my homework (I hate Scala IDE! :P ). Off for some 5-6h of sleep, then I have a meeting, so I will look at it later today (EU time).

/cd
  • cdavidcdavid New
    edited October 2010
    @adriansonline The plugin is in the Google Code SVN -- http://code.google.com/p/vanillaplugins/source/browse/#svn/trunk/VanillaJixbar

Please let me know if you have any questions / requirements. Some cosmetic changes can still be made, but I am not a fan of CSS, so if you feel bothered by them (the Facebook and Twitter buttons are not alligned etc.) feel free to change them.

Changelog:
    Implemented dashboard settings for: * homepage URL - defaults to the webroot * binary Facebook, Twitter, Flickr showing option - default to true for FB, Twitter, undef for Flickr * the text at the bottom - defaults to "Welcome to our website!" * the RSS feed - defaults to "/index.php?p=/discussions/feed.rss" * the theme is customizable now - defaults to "default" (all via views/jixbar.php and Vanilla configurations) Changed the Facebook / Twitter button/link with an actual share by Facebook/Twitter button. Don't know how to go about Flickr (since they don't have such a button). Removed one of the RSS feeds. Don't know if both are needed.

/cd
    @cdavid awesome stuff I will check later tonight. Do you have a link for your site I can add in the code as a thank you?
  • I assume this is good enough: http://kwarc.info/people/cdavid/ although, it requires some updates :)

/cd
    Sent you a PM with some changes ect,,,