Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

popular votes indicator displays oddly on embed-friendly theme

edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
The popular votes or votes display box in the embed-friendly theme is locked to the right margin so that if the window is smaller than its set distance from the right margin, the vote's box does not show. If you drag the window wider, the votes box drags across the window hiding text in the discussion box.

Would it be possible to make the vote box for the embed-friendly theme an inline item to left of a post's date something like:

Joe Blow November 18 Votes: 0 (my vote: helpful | unhelpful ) Permalink

In keeping the wonderful minimalistic graphics of this theme would it also be possible to make the votes, follows, views, and answers box also an inline text display?

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Came up with a solution by adding to and changing the voting.css file as shown below (1 addition and 2 changes total). These changes put the Votes box to left of each post when using the Embed-Friendly theme and moves the post text over so everything shows up.

Please let me know if anyone comes up with different solution. I still would like more graphically subdued look, like just text. Cheers!

/plugins/Voting/design/voting.css

ul.MessageList li.Item {
    background: #fff;
    margin-left: 18px; !ADDED;
    }
    ul.MessageList div.Meta {
    position: relative;
    }
    ul.MessageList div.Meta span.Votes {
    text-align: center;
    display: block;
    position: absolute;
    left: -40px; !CHANGED;
    line-height: normal;
    padding: 0;
    }
    span.Votes a,
    span.Votes span {
    display: block;
    }
    ul.MessageList div.Meta span.Votes span {
    padding: 0;
    color: #000;
    font-weight: bold;
    font-size: 18px;
    line-height: 1.2;
    }
    span.Votes span {
    padding: 0 4px !important;
    float: right;
    background: #0065CE;
    color: #99E2FE !important;
    min-width: 25px; !CHANGED;
    }
  • I'm having the same problem and I tried the workaround mentioned here, but it doesn't work for me.

http://www.ronakg.in/discussions/