Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Max file size

edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
How can I change the max file size from 20MB to 2MB on my website http://www.freedesigncritique.com/groups
Tagged:

Comments

• It is php.ini configuration.
  • edited October 2010
    I just saw your site, there is one more plug-in that aid you to show a thunbnail of picture instead of clicking and downloading to view. Just try that out if it is interesting for you.
  • That would be great! Which plug-in is it?
  • +1, Which plug-in is it?
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    I just saw your site, there is one more plug-in that aid you to show a thunbnail of picture instead of clicking and downloading to view. Just try that out if it is interesting for you.
    This functionality is part of FileUpload now.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• edited December 2010
    Has your question been answered yet? It doesn't seem like it. Lots (or all) of the presets for images are defined in the config so first check your config-defaults.php for stuff like this. I found the following line of code in there;

$Configuration['Garden']['Upload']['MaxFileSize'] = '50M';

I didn't check it out yet, but I guess this is the solution? Copy it to your config.php and edit it to your satisfaction.
  • The above code is the first step. You will most likely have problems with your host, as they have a limit on the size of the file you can upload.

upload_max_filesize = 20M post_max_size = 20M

This has to be in your php.ini file, on a lot of shared hosts you cannot do this yourself but can request for it to be done for you.
  • That's true, but since likewinters want's to lower the maximum filesize I think that won't be needed.
  • Sorry, I completely read that as the other way around. Well there is some advice for people looking to increase the max filesize. :)

• $Configuration['Garden']['Upload']['MaxFileSize'] = '50M';
    Is this working?
  • i'm trying to increase mine max size to 1gb and i've set the config file to:

$Configuration['Garden']['Upload']['MaxFileSize'] = '1000M';

and i've edited my php.ini file as @graymardell suggested to 1000M in both instances.... still timing out with the error code of "max file size 128M"

any clues on how to fix this?
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Yes, this is the PHP file upload max on your server. You'll need to contact your host to increase it.

I highly recommend against allowing uploads that large as it can severely impact the speed of your webserver. HTTP wasn't meant for gigantic files.
  • Thanks, guys. Very helpful as always.