Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Last Edited Addon Not working for first post of the discussion*

tmilovantmilovan New
edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Great you added "Last edited" functionality as a plugin. However, it works fine except for the discussion starting post.

Comments

• Works ok for me in the first discussion post @tmilovan. Maybe it's a clash with another plugin?

What I did notice though, is that a tag which was assigned to a test discussion which had been deleted was still in the tag list, and the link went to a 'Not found' page. @Tim may like a peek at this?
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    This was fixed.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• tmilovantmilovan New
    edited September 2010
    @Mikhae: tried to disable them but witout success. But I have turned on Markdown input method. Can that be the reason?
  • Just to bump this. It still does not work for discussion starting post on my forum. Vanilla 2.0.16.

Also I have noticed that sometimes Markdown would not kick in for starter post too (but only sometimes, last edited never works). Can that be connected with the fact that I have migrated my forum from phpBB3.
  • Is this a permission issue? I've not tried this plugin, but in the permissions screens is there a way to turn it on and off for discussions and comments across the categories?
  • No. There is nothing in permissions screens.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm getting an error which seems to be associated with the first post, so I thought I would post it here:

Fatal error: Call to a member function Get() on a non-object in /.../vanilla/plugins/LastEdited/class.lastedited.plugin.php on line 63

I'm using the latest production release as of today's date.
  • @mostmodernist Did you convert a forum to Vanilla?
  • Hi there.

I'm getting the same thing:

Fatal error: Call to a member function Get() on a non-object in /.../vanilla/plugins/LastEdited/class.lastedited.plugin.php on line 63

I get an odd problem in that when I navigate away from my Vanilla forum to another open browser tab and then return later, a lightbox (popup) has appeared with the text from the first post in the discussion and then the fatal error at the bottom.

I have the latest version of VF - installed last week...

Has anyone got any closer to the solution for this one - I really liked this plugin (last edit) but might have to disable until I can fix this.

Thanks for any help...
  • I am getting this error too:
    Fatal error: Call to a member function Get() on a non-object in /home/libertat/public_html/platforma/forum/plugins/LastEdited/class.lastedited.plugin.php on line 63

using Vanilla 2.0.17.8 and some other plugins, with the vanillapress2010 theme.
  • I'm getting the same error as above as well, using vanilla 2.0.17.8.

For the time being I've disabled the plugin but would like to know if a fix is coming?
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    I am getting this error too:
    Fatal error: Call to a member function Get() on a non-object in /home/libertat/public_html/platforma/forum/plugins/LastEdited/class.lastedited.plugin.php on line 63

using Vanilla 2.0.17.8 and some other plugins, with the vanillapress2010 theme.
    Uploaded a small fix that should take care of that.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• have updated my plugin, enabled it and so far not getting any errors!

many thanks for sorting this out...
  • Dear Tim, thank you, this is great news!
    I will test it immediately and post a feedback.
  • I updated the plugin, now everything works fine! Thank you!