Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Function reference?

edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Are there any function reference docs available? The current documentation is more of an overview than anything else, I've noticed. It basically just goes over the MVC concept, no? I read some stuff from a few months ago about improving the wiki and expanding the documentation, but unless the link(s) are hidden, I don't see that it has happened, yet.

Something like CodeIgniter's Docs would be really, really...REALLY awesome.

Anyway, I was just curious. I've been slowly hacking away at v2.0.14, which I decided to use because solely because of how ridiculously easy proxyconnect made integrating it with my existing app. But there are some things...some things that *should* be stupidly simple (and *would* be if I could just look it up in one spot instead of having to rely on my really bad google-fu) that are keeping me from finishing up right now.

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Brendan is redoing the entire documentation section of this site and I've been writing inline documentation (so far, the forum app is fully documented). Not there yet, but progressing quickly.
  • I've been writing inline documentation (so far, the forum app is fully documented).
    Yes, thank you for that...it's been a big help. :)
  • Use phpdoc to generate kind of base for documentation?
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @TiGR I'm currently using Doxygen to evaluate the inline documentation and improve it. I plan to release a copy for Vanilla 2.1. It's still quite messy.
  • Thanks, this would be really helpful... something documenting all the classes/methods organised by M/V/C would greatly enhance learning curve :)

As of now i'm disecting doing full text searches everytime i see a new method / function...
  • As I continue to write documentation all feedback and suggestions are welcome :)

There was an error rendering this rich post.