Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Request: Option to Disable Activity & Notification

atmeyatmey New
edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Vanilla is all about lightweight to me. I think being able to disable these two features like other add-ons would be a nice addition to vanilla's customization.

Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• Agreed. Also, no matter how many times I tell the application I don't want to be notified of anything, I still get the # of notifications next to my name in the header. Very annoying.
  • I agree, would love the option to be able to disable the activity thing in a user's profile.
  • edited October 2010
    Yes, this (i feel) is a mandatory feature. Who is gonna help us? At least notifications must do what the panel is set up.
  • Yes, this would be a great option!
  • I agree. Users don't get it. There is even discussion going on in there.
  • I agree as well. Vanilla is perfect for very simple but good looking embedded forums - but activities is sometimes too much for some use cases. Optional - yes please; Mandatory - nope :-)
  • phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

MMh, i ran into the same problem. My users just don't get it and most of all they want to use the activity wall for real interactions and not so much system bogus information.

Did anybody found a way to keep specific autopostet messages of the activity wall?

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@phreak I altered the Activity workflow in my Post Scheduler plugin. It wasn't simple, but what you ask for is doable, to an extent.

It is possible to avoid notifying the Users of such some Activities by setting its Notification preferences to false. In Vanilla 2.0, if both Email and Popup notifications are disabled for a User, such activity doesn't seem to be registered. Vanilla 2.1 goes a bit further, registering the Activity anyway if it's public.

Regarding the display of Activities on the wall, it's possible to alter it by implementing an ActivityModel_ActivityQuery_Handler and modifying the where clauses of the query.

• It's been so long that I don't know what am I talking about. But good job anyway.