Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.0.17 Released

Comments

• @Cablespider We've commented out the sso because it is not fully supported/ready for the WordPress suite of plugins. We are currently working it. We plan on eventually moving the WordPress plugins out of core and into the WordPress repo. There's still work do, features to add, and we are always looking for feedback on functionality.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• It would be also great to unify login processes.

There is for example in the panel a sign in button with a nice greybox/lightboxish login popup, but a user for example without permission to view specific areas on the forums gets the separate sign-in form on a completely different page.
    I agree, and I think the "Apply for Membership" page might be nice to have in a popup, too.
  • "Keep me signed in" not work on google chrome..
  • In your instructions, it might be worth mentioning that if you don't have Clean URLs on you should use the following link to update http://yourforum.com/index.php?p=/utility/update

Actually, wouldn't this work even for the Clean URL people? If so, it's a far safer URL to be giving out...
  • While I'm at it, would be nice to have an incremental release for each update as Vanilla 2.0.17.3 clocks in at 849 items and 6,414,303 bytes, which can take some time to upload on slower connections!

Not essential, I agree, but it would make updating significantly simpler :)
  • Is there a rough time line and items to address from here to 2.1.0?
    V2 is the future. I can hardly wait for it to be mature enough for me to take the jump from V1.

(Not knocking the current build but I cannot take risks with my user base and paid advertisers.)
  • @[-Stash-]

The vanilla 2.0.17.3 I have is 2.8MB. Did I miss something? Can't compare to bbpress at 547KB. ;)
  • What about plugin compatipility. is there issues related with existing plugins to be considered before updating?
  • Fatal error: Class 'PDO' not found in /home/polo6r/public_html/hu/conf/config-defaults.php on line 16
  • @ntuyelik you need to enable the PDO_MySQl module!
    http://vanillaforums.org/page/Installation-Requirements

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• @ntuyelik you need to enable the PDO_MySQl module!
    http://vanillaforums.org/page/Installation-Requirements
    how can I enable it by using my hosting cPanel?
    or, should the hosting admins change this setting?
  • AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭
    hi tim,

sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this question of mine.

is there an option in dashboard (categories) for the parent category to display 1 latest thread per subcategory, something like parent category acting as a summary? currently if i clicked on the parent category it "says no disscuion...".

maybe it would be also good to have an option (maybe a checkbox) to display one latest thread for each sub cat when user clicks on the parent cat?

thanks so much!
  • In your instructions, it might be worth mentioning that if you don't have Clean URLs on you should use the following link to update http://yourforum.com/index.php?p=/utility/update

Actually, wouldn't this work even for the Clean URL people? If so, it's a far safer URL to be giving out...
    Really wish I would have read that 4 days ago. I had apparently left RewriteURLs turned off on my initial install a few months ago. Attempting to upgrade has been a mess thanks to the upgrade instructions assuming that RewriteURLs was turned on.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @Tim I agree with @Simanek's comment; probably should revise step 7 in the future.
  • onizukaonizuka New
    edited January 2011
    Stats don't work on (stuck on Loading):
    - Safari 5.0.3
    - Opera 11.00
    Stats work on:
    - Firefox 3.6.13
    - Chrome 8.0.552.231

Mac OS X 10.6.5
  • Announcements don't stick at the top when in either of the category or category+discussions home page options.
  • "in this discussion" (apparently an add-on, but I can't find it on the addons site, so apologies if posting in a wrong place) doesn't show the discussion author - only comment authors.
  • still no email verification? :(

/is sad
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Bump for 2.0.17.4 - Fixes an issue that plagues fresh installs of 2.0.17 where the Vanilla Profile View and Vanilla Activity View permissions were not created during install.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

This discussion has been closed.