Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Permission Problem after upgrading

edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Upgrading from 2.0.14 to 2.0.17.3. When logged in as anyone but the #1 account including administrators with all permission check boxes checked I get an error saying 'permission problem' You dont have permission to do that when clicking on my own or anyone else profile as well as the activity section. Utility/update ran successfully and I have disabled all plugins to no avail. Something weird is happening with permissions.

Comments

• same thing happening here...
  • I think a fix is coming in the next release, as one was committed recently. I manually applied the patch, ran the update script, and I also had to run the following SQL query (you may not have to):

update gdn_user set permissions='';

And that fixed the problem for me. Obviously you'll want to back everything up before doing anything.
  • Thanks @Shmizzle for the response. Its not quite the show stopper just a minor annoyance for me really so ill just wait for the next release. I need to pay more attention to github problem is I mostly think its something that ive done instead of a possible bug.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    This fix is included in 2.0.17.4 which is now available.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• thanks @Tim fixed everything!