Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[(almost) FIXED] How Do I Unban Myself From My Forum?*

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hello. I have a Vanilla 1.1.10, and I made one person an Admin,
and, well, I thought I could trust him, but he banned me.
I was wondering if there is a way to unban myself from my forum.
I have cPanel hosting and FTP info.

Comments

• Is there anything I can edit such as the account.php?
    Or is it not possible to fix this issue?
  • I believe this should work on Vanilla 1.1.10

Login to phpmyadmin and find the table "GDN_User". You'll need your UserID. Then go to GDN_UserRole, find your UserID and change your role ID to Administrator role (whatever you set it as in GDN_Role). Let me know if that helps or if you want PM me.
  • I believe this should work on Vanilla 1.1.10

Login to phpmyadmin and find the table "GDN_User". You'll need your UserID. Then go to GDN_UserRole, find your UserID and change your role ID to Administrator role (whatever you set it as in GDN_Role). Let me know if that helps or if you want PM me.
    Thanks. I'll try it.

• Okay, Donutman. I got to this page. What now?

Photobucket
  • The topic prefix says [FIXED] so did you figure it out?

If not you can see that the RoleID for Administrators is 4 so goto the table GDN_UserRole and find your UserID then change your RoleID to 4. You should hopefully then be able to login and remove the administrator who banned you.

• The topic prefix says [FIXED] so did you figure it out?
    I'll change the topic title then, until topic starter says he has figured it out.

There was an error rendering this rich post.