Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Enable the My Profile sidebar box??

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is there a way to get the My Profile box as seen on the sidebar of this forum? The default Vanilla install and theme doesnt seem to show this.

Comments

• That's a custom theme modification / plugin that Vanillaforums is using.
  • Shame.. seems like a feature that most people would expect/want as part of the install if they see it on the demo here.
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    take what you can get :P
  • Maybe with some logic you can figure out how they did it on this site :-)
    On your own site, when you go to your own profile, you'll see the same box, correct?
    Figure out which {code} they used for that box (it's in the template)
    Then try to put that {code} in your template.
    Does it get filled or does it stay empty.
    etc, etc.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• You can also just use CSS to move the menu in the header to the panel :) or, modify default.master.tpl.

Check the Ultimate Theme Guide http://vanillaforums.org/page/the-ultimate-theme-guide-for-designers for more info on theming.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited February 2011
    This is actually a core module that you can turn on with a configuration option. Add this to your conf/config.php:
    $Configuration['Garden']['Modules']['ShowSignedInModule'] = TRUE;
  • Thanks Mark, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear. Did I miss that in the documentation or are there other hidden modules we can enable via config?
  • @Mark I did that but it didn't work any ideas
  • never mind ftp issue